Boyfriend siding with his roommates girlfriend

Hi, I have a question about something that my boyfriend did that is really getting to me and I'm not sure if I'm overreacting or not and would like some advice and feedback on what you guys here think cause you're almost always right on =) Alright, so my boyfriend of 5 months called me last night at about midnight. (I'm out of town right now, driving to help out my brother with some stuff) and he says "I have a question for you" so he goes on to ask if I've ever used his roommates bathroom and I honestly don't remember using it except for once when my boyfriend was getting ready in his own bathroom and I really had to pee so I used it once and put on some mascara while I was in there. So anyways, I told him I did use it one time and he goes on to tell me that his roommates girlfriend found my mascara in his roommates medicine cabinet (I honestly don't even remember putting it in there) and she is pissed off that I would go in there and snoop around. So I'm like "Wow I'm really sorry, I honestly wasn't snooping, I just used it one time to go to the bathroom" So he goes on to ask "Were you snooping in the medicine cabinet?" and he's like "Why did you use his bathroom?" So I'm sitting on the phone, really apologetic and exhausted from my drive (I'd been driving for almost 7 hours) and he's calling me to interrogate and make me feel like **** for using his roommates bathroom when I had to go pee really badly. I was pretty pissed off after I got off the phone. I really felt as if he was siding with my roommates girlfriend and was maybe talk **** about me with her. I have always gotten the feeling that she doesn't really like me and I think she might be trying to start drama or something. He even went so far as to say "Well, I'll tell her you feel really bad". I feel like confronting him about it and telling him how it reallly hurt my feelings that he would side with her and sit and question me, especially when he knows I've had a really long and tiresome day. Do I have a right to be angry? I dunno, what do you guys think about this? Thanks =)

Please only post in one forum. No need to post your question in multiple places.

I'd probably be irritated. My response would be "What is the problem? Yes I used the bathroom. Yes I put my mascara on. And yes, stupid me must have unconsciously stuck my mascara in the medicine cabinet. I apologize for leaving it there. If I really was interested in what was in the stupid medicine cabinet I wouldn't have come up with some lame excuse like putting my mascara on and then leaving my make-up in there just to take a peek. JC. I don't care what's in there, but I appreciate you finding my mascara for me. I was wondering where I misplaced it."

Yeah - a little bitchy, but it's a freaking medicine cabinet not a dresser drawer. Who is really so nosy that they want to see the personal hygiene of a roommate? Yuck.

1. how does she know it's your mascara??? maybe someone else with same brand?

2. you said you used the bathroom .. but he's worried you were in med cabinet..because of mascara. did you look in there when you went to b-room? If not, why are you letting him blame you for this?

I understand it is irritating but imagine if the roles were reversed and you happened to find out your boyfriend's shaving cream had been found in somebody else's bathroom. Would it bother you?

I think it's petty in a way but maybe it caused problems between his room-mate and his room-mates girlfriend. Maybe finding that made her think that he was cheating on her, bringing other women to their place. It could have caused un-necessary drama and in turn got him annoyed with you causing your BF to be mad that you'd be so careless and leave your stuff somewhere where it really had no reason to be in the first place. They probably couldn't figure out why in the world you went in there and got into the cabinet so they probably came to the only conclusion that seemed logical..they thought you'd been snooping through their things.

He shouldn't have sided with either of you, but obviously it was your mascara so they weren't lying so why would he "take your side"??

Think of it if you'd found mascara in his bathroom that wasn't your's then found out it was his roommates GF's?? What would you have done or felt??