Where to meet women?

cool_dude855

Hey, I think I am a hundred percent ready to be "back on the saddles" again. But where to meet women :frustrated: ?

I just moved to a new city for work, so I don't have a lot of networks here yet. I have tried online dating, met a few highly technical people. But that didn't click off.

Also I am pretty good with striking up conversation with someone. I have confidence in myself impressing someone. And normally I can get her phone number. But because I feel I don't know how to make things natural enough so that we would just fall in love naturally. That hurts my confidence, and I start making small mistakes and get more frustrated and things start to go downhill. And I feel it's just too hard to be with that person and would be better if I just start anew with someone else. I mean, I would love to be with someone for a long time. But it's just too hard to be with someone that's not natural after a while. That again brings the question, where do I meet women who I can hit off naturally? I am 25 btw. Good looking too.

Life is hard sometimes :laugh: .

Thanks

Patiently waiting

Hmmm, 25 huh? ooohhh, so young though.......

What City are you in just out of curiousity.....

My anime is really me in "cartoon world" But that's what I look like, just a bit 'o info.....

Go down to a club for a few drinks. There are lots of beautiful girls there, and they're easy to talk to as well.

Ohh yeah... just watch out for the ones with boyfriends. :laugh:

• Author

hmmm. I don't like the club theme any more. Maybe I was in the wrong club. It's so smoky and too loud(I don't like girls who smoke, it's a turn-off to me, but that's just me:-). I like classy drinking place like W hotel and Hilton hotel, where you can get nice drinks and nice music, at the same time you can sit close together and have a decent conversation. In the club, I feel I am trying too hard. I have to yell at the top of my voice. Also I am not a good dancer either. Girls are better dancers in general.

Also you don't have to pay for the door cover. That's like a free drink right there:-).

I am looking for those kind of places in Seattle.

Any ideas?

Thanks

LoL, what kind of clubs do you go to? Haha...

So... ok, you're a classy chap. :) Well... if you live in a large city (San Fran, NY, etc), check out the formal events thrown at hotels. Those are awesome, though expensive at times. :p

If you do decide to attend one of these events, learn to dance. It helps... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Does not sound like your having a problem meeting women.

It sounds like you are concerned with you image and that of others. If you want to find someone you can be "natural" with, it might help if you start out that way. Be your natural self from begining to end and the odds of developing a successful relationship will increase.

Just a thought.

but, I am actually from LI, which is still New York. Let me tell you, Long Island is packed with people, so if I were single, there are plenty of singles out there. It's not like we're out in the boonies!

NYC especially is packed with thousands of people, so you shouldn't have a problem. You probably only got here, give time to adjust to NYC and settle in.

THere are hundreds of hang out spots in NYC. Go to a local bar after work. Interact with some of the single guys at your new job and in the bar, this way, you can go out with them on nights and weekends to hunt. Hey, maybe you'll meet a single gal at the workplace??

You never know. NY is filled w/possibilities!

If all else fails, you can try singles websites like eharmony (very good rep), match.com, yahoopersonals, etc

One of my friends found her husband on eharmony and my other friend met her new boyfriend on yahoo personals and she is very happy.

Good luck!!! :bunny:

• Author

All I am saying is that love is supposed to be carefree. Why is it so hard to find someone that you feel instant attraction and she feels instant attraction to you as well. Really fall in love with each other without all the games....

Actually I have trouble meeting women here in Seattle because I don't have a network here. I don't have problem getting their phone numbers once I started a conversation with them, but I don't meet that many women. Also I don't want to go after every women in the Shopping mall and ask their phone number, that's not the right way.

Here is the type I am looking for:

- fun and intelligent(childish a plus)

- have broad interests

- respect each other's time and energy, open and honest

- accept herself and me because that's the way it should be

- beautiful and polite, i.e., cool

Am I asking too much?