"I don't date 'cheesy' guys'"

irc333

This is a first and not entirely sure what she means by not wanting to date "cheesy" guys (in her OLD profile).

What is "cheesy"?

Cheddar, Edam, Stilton,... really as long as it is around strength 3-5 it can be quite "cheesy".

I assume she would rather you either did not eat or bath in it. I would get confirmation before dating personally.

• Like 1

This is probably just me, but when I think "cheesy" I think of a typical frat-tastic bro type guy. You know: khaki shorts, popped collar, gel in the hair, smells like spray tan and self-entitlement?

But that's probably just me. :)

• Like 1

Agree with Miss Jaclyn. Cheesy is romance without originality. If cheesy were a high-class restaurant, all it would serve would be duck à l'orange, caesar salad and a nut-studded cheese ball with Jell-o and marshmallows for dessert.

There is cute retro, then there is cheesy.

Agree with Miss Jaclyn. Cheesy is romance without originality. If cheesy were a high-class restaurant, all it would serve would be duck à l'orange, caesar salad and a nut-studded cheese ball with Jell-o and marshmallows for dessert.

There is cute retro, then there is cheesy.

The dessert sounds like the best part of that meal!

A "cheesy" person to me is someone who tries too hard to act cool, or be funny, or be sexy/romantic, or "fit in". A good example is if the person often says cliched jokes, pick-up lines, or played-out romantic sayings. It's as if the person simply consulted a book or a website that listed a bunch of sayings and memorized them. Very little if anything seems to truly come from the person's own mind...there is a lack of creativity, ingenuity and improvisation.

There are exceptions of course, as evidenced by earlier posts...but many "cheesy" people tend to be bland and boring in the eyes of others. And that is a turnoff attraction-wise for a lot of people.

A lot of cheesy people seem inauthentic, unnatural and insecure. They're often not being themselves.

• Like 1
A "cheesy" person to me is someone who tries too hard to act cool, or be funny, or be sexy/romantic, or "fit in". A good example is if the person often says cliched jokes, pick-up lines, or played-out romantic sayings. It's as if the person simply consulted a book or a website that listed a bunch of sayings and memorized them. Very little if anything seems to truly come from the person's own mind...there is a lack of creativity, ingenuity and improvisation.

There are exceptions of course, as evidenced by earlier posts...but many "cheesy" people tend to be bland and boring in the eyes of others. And that is a turnoff attraction-wise for a lot of people.

A lot of cheesy people seem inauthentic, unnatural and insecure. They're often not being themselves.

This is a good definition. Well said! :cool: