"If you have a problem with a 140 lb dog....."

Wow, these crazy expectations when it comes to OLD get better.

"If you have a problem with a 140lb dog sitting in your lap, don't bother emailing me"

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a dog lover...but...wouldn't most people, in general, get annoyed with that? I mean a Great Dane isn't a "lap dog" is it not? LOL

Eternal Sunshine

I was going to have a go at you for posting yet another OLD rant but I saw that you have Walt in your avatar so we are good :)

• Like 3
HokeyReligions

My kind of guy! I would definitely contact him. I love that opening!

I love dogs and have had many giant breeds in my lap. I have a 90 pound boy of my own and he thinks he's a puppy that still fits in my hand.

Really I'm married but I'd love to meet this dog and his guy!

• Like 1

Probably an attempt at humor, don't you think?

She wants a guy who really likes dogs, and she communicated that through a little joke.

So she wants a guy who really likes dogs, and has a sense of humor :)

• Like 3
miss_jaclynrae

You just do not get written cues do you?

She is making a point.

Seriously dude.... you over think everything.

• Like 1

Irc, I think you should ask her out and get a little reconnaissance. It would get you off the OLD sites for an evening! Report back whether letting the dog annoys you, though. I want to know.

• Like 1
Wow, these crazy expectations when it comes to OLD get better.

"If you have a problem with a 140lb dog sitting in your lap, don't bother emailing me"

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a dog lover...but...wouldn't most people, in general, get annoyed with that? I mean a Great Dane isn't a "lap dog" is it not? LOL

:laugh:

There are all kinds of people. I would be glad to see that so I could choose not to date that person. Simple enough.

People like what they like and I just like to know what it is so I don't waste my time or me theirs.

• Like 1
  • Author
:laugh:

There are all kinds of people. I would be glad to see that so I could choose not to date that person. Simple enough.

People like what they like and I just like to know what it is so I don't waste my time or me theirs.

I wouldn't mind him resting his head in my lap, but, it seems she's one of those people that tends to let their dog jump up on everyone and gets irritated when they don't like it....depending on the person.

Dogs are great, but there are limitations depending on the dog and its size.

I'm actually OK with someone posting that. I love dogs but am really allergic to them. I've dated people who have been dog owners and can go to their place if I take a Claritin before I get there and they keep the dogs out of the room with me. If their expectation is that the dog sits on my lap (no matter the size) it is definitely not going to work for me.

Once again, I love dogs, but my body has decided that it is best that they and I not be best buddies. I would be grateful knowing up front that being best buddies with a dog was a requirement prior to getting involved in a relationship with their owner.