MAJOR mixed signals!! Insight welcome

BlueJeanTangerine

BlueJeanTangerine

I will keep this short and I am sure by the time I am done typing this will have figured out my solution, but am very open to insight, opinions and experiences of others.

Met someone a year or so ago. Instant connection on every level. Similar circumstances regarding the end of both of what we thought were our lifetime relationships (which we actually both invested approx. the same amount of time in).

At first (and up until the past few days) - intense cerebral and physical attraction. Then let's just be friends because I really care about you and always want you to be a part of my life. Then admittance of this is difficult because these feelings are so intense so let's tread lightly (I appreciated this honesty - it's rare) as we heal. Then hey what's up let's "hang" (wink and duh). Now it's oh we are just quirky????? Um wtf?? really.

Hah!! Just answered my own question!!! Makes me sad to have to deal with another lose but this is life!!

As a side note, by nature I am very tolerant (as is this person) but I am more selfless and giving (need to work on that). My tolerance for this has reached max. It's a shame really. Time to let this one go - causing more harm than good.

I just learned a very valuable lesson.

Thoughts?? anyone with similar experiences?

In the meantime I'm going to "hang" with those who are actually more honest (and which I have ben doing throughout) the weekly what's up? let's hang = take care of physical desires.

OP, since you started a thread comparing dating in the 80's-90's to now, what specific lesson did you learn from this experience that will help you in future interactions?

An example would be, if you meet someone with whom you feel romantic intent, and they rebuff your approach, you'll do...what?

• Author
BlueJeanTangerine
OP, since you started a thread comparing dating in the 80's-90's to now, what specific lesson did you learn from this experience that will help you in future interactions?

An example would be, if you meet someone with whom you feel romantic intent, and they rebuff your approach, you'll do...what?

Yea, yea, get the OP, how whiny and pissy that came off. I received an apology etc. today, longgg discussion and a mutual decision to take it slow. So I am still learning from this experience.

Thanks for the input and food for thought.

• Author
BlueJeanTangerine

Just realized what OP stands for I thought Oh Please - never been a computer/internet type. Now I learned a lesson:)

Apologies for the shorthand. Too many posts and tired old fingers. OP = Original poster

For myself, an old warrior and formerly married, mixed signals mean only one thing....

NO.