Beating a Dead Horse?

Almost 2 months ago, I'd asked my bf when the last time he'd hooked up with one of his exes. The reason why I asked was that 1) they'd previously been engaged, 2) they'd hooked up before and 3) I wanted to know if she was truly now just a friend.

His response then was that it'd been about 4 years ago when they last gave tried to get back together at her request. He said it lasted just a few months.

Then yesterday, it came out that 3 years ago, he once drove through awful pre-Thanksgiving Day traffic to a certain city. He didn't mention the ex's name but I know she lives there. I guess what's bothering me is 1) I highly doubt it was a strictly platonic visit that he'd had that Thanksgiving holiday, and 2) he said that he prefers to be alone on holidays such as Thanksgiving.

So, while I may be beating a dead horse, can someone understand why this is now bothering me? because 1+1 isn't exactly turning up as 2 here.

Should I ask him about it? or just try to let it go?

If as far as you know, he's been faithful to you when you've been together I'd let it go.

Maybe he lied and said 4 years to make you feel better...or maybe honestly he forgot...it WAS four years ago I hbve a hard time remembering when I did things 2 years ago!!!

Either way it was a while ago so don't let your obsession about his past (assuming he hooked up with these people when he wasn't with you) ruin your chance for happiness.