FWB Said I Love You.... !

stormy_1011

So I've had this on again/off again friend with benefit since April of last year. At first we started off dating but I reduced it to fwb as I couldn't handle how flirtatious he was to women on his fb (I figured it would be easier not to get attached). So after a few offs and ons we are back to hanging out, cuddling, sleeping together and having sleep overs. Well a few nights ago we were drinking and i said something, to which he replied 'i love you too'. I giggled and said what did u just say...? he said ' i thought you said i love you..." I said no and left it at that, later on that night he did it AGAIN! Now this is very confusing to me...I should mention, when I sleep over, he holds me all night long, and kisses my forehead when he thinks I am sleeping...

WHAT does this mean> and what should I do about it?

Someone always catches feelings in these things. I would think that it means he loves you. If you feel the same, date again and go from there. If you don't, let him know before this becomes a awkward one sided thing.

If you do decide to date again, be sure that the problems from before have been resolved.

• Author
Someone always catches feelings in these things. I would think that it means he loves you.

Thanks for this. He does want to take me to the movies and what not. I was if he meant it or was just saying it cause he thought I did. Guess the only way to find out is ask!

• Like 1

He may be developing feelings - if you really want to know, ask. What do YOU want if so?

I've had FWB, and have loved them while not being IN love with them. I love my friends too - even those without benefits. It could be that - again, you'll have to ask.

Personally, I don't think you need to ask, because you know the answer already. In fact, if you bring up the subject within a serious discussion, he make outright lie to you and say "NO" to avoid loosing the FWB relationship.

He's said "I love you" twice in the same night. Men generally don't go around saying that unless they really mean it (except when they are just trying to get someone in bed, and you guys are beyond that point).

If you feel the same, date again and go from there. If you don't, let him know before this becomes a awkward one sided thing.

This is the proper advice. Don't ask "Do you have feelings for me?" Instead if this is your choice ask "Do you want to start dating again?" and you will get a better answer.

• Author

Update: saw him last night, he said it 4 more times and we talked about it! I admitted that I love him back. Yay! So happy. We got more to talk about of course but he said he loved our connection and so do i