I regret doing this but can it be fixed with a break?

• Author

Again i appologize for missreading your post. It seems like, while he should not be going through your phone, you have given him reason to question your integrity. However, it does not feel like you have done something irreparable. You perhaps were emotionaly cheating, and I can understand his concern. But it is not like you followed through. I still think it stands that you both have communication issues to work on (as we all do).

The question is do you want to try and get him back? what does that look like? how can you both have a healthy happy relationship after this? or do you think it is better to learn from your mistakes and move on?

You honestly think its not irreparable?

One, its still early of course I am gonna miss him more and would want to see if I can do something to save it cuz it was me who messed up cuz in the past when we learned about each other we were able to work things out good cuz we were friends for a whole year before we got together. And I know its wrong he asked for my phone and looked through it but he did say it was only for a bit til he felt comfortable but see I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt just the way I want it to be given to me for a chance. So if I see that he cant control it the way he say he would and notice that he really will have to go through my privacy then I know I did all I could and cut him off. But we both yes have to prove that to each other. Now if I continue to be shady then he can leave but see im not planning to do that..

Heart of the Desert

I mean, I don't know him or you personaly so I don't know how you two would handle it but many great relationships have overcome greater hardships. The thing is at this point it might be hard for you folks to come back together. You would have to find a way to show him how much you have learned and changed from the situation. Telling him you will change will not help, you have to show him you HAVE changed. And you have to show him in a way that he will be resceptive. Now is a really great time though for you to work on other aspects of your life. Work on yourself and be a better you. Only time will tell if you two will get back together.

• Author
I mean, I don't know him or you personaly so I don't know how you two would handle it but many great relationships have overcome greater hardships. The thing is at this point it might be hard for you folks to come back together. You would have to find a way to show him how much you have learned and changed from the situation. Telling him you will change will not help, you have to show him you HAVE changed. And you have to show him in a way that he will be resceptive. Now is a really great time though for you to work on other aspects of your life. Work on yourself and be a better you. Only time will tell if you two will get back together.

Thank you so much for your understanding and feedback. Yea you are so right, only time will tell. and in situations like these I would like to hear positive feedback cuz I want to have hope in the person returning but after a while you begin to gain strength and start looking looking at the bigger Picture. Once again thank You for your support with this situation that is probably not a big deal to others....