got the friendship speech last night...

well me and my best friend..im a guy shes a girl....had a little discussion last ngith......it was all started from a friend whos mad cause we hang out all the time and he thinks that she just uses me to do stuff....well anyway.....he got onto her over all of it and he kept sayin how we should be goin out and crap.....well...finally she tells me that she just wants me as a friend forever and that if we went out somethin would happen and it would ruin our whole freindship and she doesnt want that...so after such a long time shes finally let out the reason to why she didnt wanan go out with me....why do you think shes waited such a long time to finally tell me this? i just felt i needed to vent cause it kinda makes me upset but then again it makes me feel good because shes finally gave an explaination and the explanation makes perfect sense cause we truly are the best of freinds and i couldnt ever see myself wanting to lose someone like her...

LucreziaBorgia

Generally speaking... "I just want to be friends" is a way of saying "I'm not sexually attracted to you, and can't see myself in a sexual relationship with you" and "being worried about it ruining the friendship" is a way of trying to get out of telling the real reason she "just wants to be friends".

I expect that she was trying to spare your feelings, and was putting off what she knew would hurt your feelings. Nobody wants to hurt someone's feelings (usually, anyway). If she is really going to be your friend, though instead of dating - she needs to tell you why instead of giving you that noble "I don't want to ruin the friendship" racket. Then you two could go on and be real friends once all that 'relationship weirdness' is out of the way. It obvious that you two care about each other - and between male and female friends, there is always a chance that it could come up eventually. Might as well clear the air and get it over with.