chating for 6 hours with a guy - is that a bad thing?

Christine.

Hello.

Yesterday I chated on facebook with a guy from my University (we are teenagers; I talk with for about 2 weeks; we are freinds, just freinds; we are not seeing each other; he asked me to go outside with him for a few times, but I didn't accept till now); I went in the kitchen to bring something to eat in front of my PC (he did the same thing that day, but with an hour earlier than me; when I came back in my room he asked me what I was eating, I answered...and then he said that we have been talking for 5 hours. I asked him if that was a bad thing...or if that was wrong, but he didn't answer. He continued to talk to me as freindly as before, but he changed the topic of conversation. Finally, in that evening he went to a concert with some friends (he said that thing from the very beginning of our conversation)...and he said he had to prepare to go outside and he had to go offline. He said that we have been talking for six hours and a half. I said "byebye". He replied: "byebye"

The problem is that I do not understand why he said about the number of hours (5 hours...and finally 6 and a half hours). Is that a bad thing? Is that a good thing? I really do not know what means when a guy says to a girl "We have been talking for 5 hours" and then he continues to chat with her. And before he goes offline he says "We have been talking for 6 hours and a half". Why did he say that thing? What does that mean?

Thank you.

Edited by Christine.

Hi Christine. :)

I've had this happen to me and done it on occasion as well; from my experiences, it's intended to be an offhand remark to something which is notable in some context that, in itself, is not out of the ordinary per se.

That being said, the way he continued the conversation suggests that he really enjoys taking with you; it sounds like 5 hours is a longer than usual period of time for you two to be engaged in conversation, but it's otherwise a mutually enjoyable experience interwoven into your everyday lives. When two people see each other as just friends (at least this is what you've implied from your standpoint), being of the opposite sex makes no significant difference. However, you've yet to indicate whether the perception of "just friends" is mutual.

Did that answer your question? Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions. :)

Being a guy and having pointed out length of time before to girls its generally us telling you we like you and we are saying it to you to trigger in your mind how well we get along.

Every guy is different mind you but I would take it as a good thing!

jacksonvillae

the way he continued the conversation suggests that he really enjoys taking with you; it sounds like 5 hours is a longer than usual period of time for you two to be engaged in conversation, but it's otherwise a mutually enjoyable experience interwoven into your everyday lives