How do I fall in love again?

Kind of tired

Kind of tired

Hey guys

I'm a 25 year old college graduate, going back to school in August. I have a plan for my life, I am going to study something I will enjoy, and hopefully will find a job doing what I like.

I have a decent amount of friends, but lately they have been really getting on my nerves. None of them are in happy relationships.

My last steady gf left me about a year and a half ago. It was a tremendously hard breakup, i truly did love her. I find it really hard not to compare women to her still. She was my "type" but as we know that doesnt always work

I have dated since then, but other than a brief fling, no woman has caught my eye. I stay friends with a few of them. The past few months I havent dated at all, i just got tired of the games. It seems I keep running into either dishonest women, or women who I just dont click with.

I will never get back with my ex gf, she has no desire to get back with me, havent had contact with her in a while. I still think about her a lot, which is to be expected, and I wonder if I will ever find anyone as good, at least looks and personality wise.

My problem is I just dont know how to get into the swing of things again. You never really get over someone until you meet someone else, but it isnt happening. I've been holding my self back a bit, and I want to stop

The bar scene around here is terrible, i have learned the hard way the internet scene is so phony(though i did meet my ex on here) had friends set me up, didnt work.

I would appreciate any advice you have. I still think about my ex a lot but i know we wont ever get back together. I know thats part of the problem. It always seemed when i had a breakup, meeting someone new got rid of the ex in my head, but this one wont go away. Any advice on letting go, finding someone compatible, etc?

its not that those things dont work

its just your not letting them work

i think...and this is just my opinion....

that you should meet girls and be friends with them...dont rush things, when you dont eccpect to find someone thats when some one will come in and sweep you off ur feet...if you go out and look for a relationship...it puts pressure on you and her and in all that its just gonna end up bad anyways....so i suggest just talk to some girls and be friendly...dont try and give them any lines..lines dont work...just act like your self and try not to compare women/girls to your last girl friend...you will never meet any one if you keep doing that....but as i said before...just try being yourself and being friends before you become more...cuz then you will get to know them for who they are and not just what they look like...hey it might work...might not...its up to you how it ends up...

Hey guys I'm a 25 year old college graduate, going back to school in August. I have a plan for my life, I am going to study something I will enjoy, and hopefully will find a job doing what I like.

I have a decent amount of friends, but lately they have been really getting on my nerves. None of them are in happy relationships. My last steady gf left me about a year and a half ago. It was a tremendously hard breakup, i truly did love her. I find it really hard not to compare women to her still. She was my "type" but as we know that doesnt always work I have dated since then, but other than a brief fling, no woman has caught my eye. I stay friends with a few of them. The past few months I havent dated at all, i just got tired of the games. It seems I keep running into either dishonest women, or women who I just dont click with. I will never get back with my ex gf, she has no desire to get back with me, havent had contact with her in a while. I still think about her a lot, which is to be expected, and I wonder if I will ever find anyone as good, at least looks and personality wise. My problem is I just dont know how to get into the swing of things again. You never really get over someone until you meet someone else, but it isnt happening. I've been holding my self back a bit, and I want to stop The bar scene around here is terrible, i have learned the hard way the internet scene is so phony(though i did meet my ex on here) had friends set me up, didnt work. I would appreciate any advice you have. I still think about my ex a lot but i know we wont ever get back together. I know thats part of the problem. It always seemed when i had a breakup, meeting someone new got rid of the ex in my head, but this one wont go away. Any advice on letting go, finding someone compatible, etc?