best time of my life

I don't know if anyone around here remembers me... I'm a perennial lurker around here, I've offered a few opinions on other people's problems, but a couple of months ago I wrote a post about my online boyfriend, I was worried that I couldn't give myself completely to him when we met because of past hurt and a general distrust of men...

Well I would just like to thank everyone who replied to me, and follow up by saying I just spent the best 10 days of my life with him... I don't know how I ever thought that guy in my past loved me... what I felt for him isn't even a fraction of what I feel right now! We've already got another trip lined up... it's so expensive for two college students living on opposite sides of the world, but we're both committed to making it work and I'm so happy! ^_^

So I guess online relationships can work after all... of course, I know for every one nice guy there are probably 10 or 20 jerks, perverts, and worse. But finding love in the least likely of places, when I'm not even looking, has turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me! ^_^

Yumi

Wow, sounds like you hit the jackpot. Congratulations...and great happiness always to both of you.

I wish there were lots more posts like yours!!!

...and for every jerk, there's probably 10 or 20 nice guys!!

good news, and good luck to you :)

I don't know if anyone around here remembers me... I'm a perennial lurker around here, I've offered a few opinions on other people's problems, but a couple of months ago I wrote a post about my online boyfriend, I was worried that I couldn't give myself completely to him when we met because of past hurt and a general distrust of men...

Well I would just like to thank everyone who replied to me, and follow up by saying I just spent the best 10 days of my life with him... I don't know how I ever thought that guy in my past loved me... what I felt for him isn't even a fraction of what I feel right now! We've already got another trip lined up... it's so expensive for two college students living on opposite sides of the world, but we're both committed to making it work and I'm so happy! ^_^ So I guess online relationships can work after all... of course, I know for every one nice guy there are probably 10 or 20 jerks, perverts, and worse. But finding love in the least likely of places, when I'm not even looking, has turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me! ^_^ Yumi