How can I try to transition from friend to boyfriend?

Hello, there is this girl that I get to see once a week (not a planned meeting, organised event type thing for many people). We have known each other since the start of the year and I believe we have been getting a little bit closer. We have gone from exchanging hellos to actually holding proper conversations, laughing with each other and sharing jokes. The more I talk with this girl the more I find she is different from others and the more I feel like myself wanting to know more about her.

The thing is, in this day and age she does not have a facebook nor a cell (what in the world right?).. What should I do to try and get closer to her? Granted she wants to?

Hi defs. :)

I haven't had a Facebook account since April 2011, and this month is only my second month with a cell phone since January 2012; it is still possible to enjoy regular contact if she uses e-mail, Skype, or Google Voice.

Unless there is a clear mutual spark, the transition from friendship to dating will be gradual; have you two gotten together outside of this organized weekly event yet? (you've known each other long enough)

Edited by sunrise24
  • Author
Hi defs. :)

I haven't had a Facebook account since April 2011, and this month is only my second month with a cell phone since January 2012; it is still possible to enjoy regular contact if she uses e-mail, Skype, or Google Voice.

Unless there is a clear mutual spark, the transition from friendship to dating will be gradual; have you two gotten together outside of this organized weekly event yet? (you've known each other long enough)

Hm, it has been a very slow process.. How do I know if she is interested? Sometimes I find myself uncontrollably just looking at her and when we lock eyes she will give me a smile.. are these signs of interest?

It sounds like you have been developing intimate feelings for her; on her end, the way she smiles at you could possibly indicate romantic interest, but it's not a guarantee.

Have you tried asking her if she would like to get together outside of the weekly event?

The transition you're thinking about is best if it's gradual and not forced. Like Sunrise24 said, the next step for "advancement" is to see if she is willing to meet outside of the organized event.

Seems like her interactions with you are positive. She could also be interested in you, or could just be very friendly. Don't know for sure now, but you'll be able to tell a bit easier as you get to know her more. :)

How old are you Defs? How old is she? Does she ever talk about other guys? What kind of things do you talk about?

There is a sure fire way to take it to the next level: Ask her out. Preferably in a way that is casual and confident, yet doesn't leave her wondering about your intentions.

It's at this point you'll find out if she is interested or not. Which she likely is.