I'm I shallow??

My girlfriend and I have been with each other for 5 yrs. Last year she was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. It's not life threatening, but requires life-long medication. The medication has a few side effects, one being no sex drive. With each passing month that she's on medication our intimacy becomes less and less. I'm a 30 yr. old healthy male with a strong sex drive. I love her......but I need this part of our relationship. Sometimes I feel shallow for thinking this way. It's just that.....sex once a month or even less seems unreasonable. I've asked her to seek medical help in boosting her drive, but she hasn't. What should I do??

My girlfriend and I have been with each other for 5 yrs. Last year she was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. It's not life threatening, but requires life-long medication. The medication has a few side effects, one being no sex drive. With each passing month that she's on medication our intimacy becomes less and less. I'm a 30 yr. old healthy male with a strong sex drive. I love her......but I need this part of our relationship. Sometimes I feel shallow for thinking this way. It's just that.....sex once a month or even less seems unreasonable. I've asked her to seek medical help in boosting her drive, but she hasn't. What should I do??

Ask a physician if there are any drugs COMPATIBLE with that she's on that would compensate the side effects of what she's taking. Of course, talk to her about it first! Don't forget to do that, or the side of your face might become very raw for some inexplicable reason. Just kidding. I'm serious in that aspect though! You've nothing to lose!

If there isn't any medication or treatment that will counter that, I'd recommend talking with her anyway about your needs, if you haven't already. You're a person like everyone else with human desire for intimacy. If you really love her, communication and closeness should make up for this unfortunate aspect.

Good luck.

I don't think you are to shallow as long as you try your best to stay with her despite her condition. Try talking to doctors and to her, Jonathan's advice is really great but from a woman's perspective she could really use some support right now and getting her sex drive up might be a good thing but I suggest you be careful with such a subject so she doesn't take it the wrong way.

:I don't believe that you're being shallow. It is human nature to feel that way. Don't feel shallow because of how you feel it's only natural. If anything, concentrate on what you do with your feelings-- your actions, and your behavior. Remember that it's not her fault what has happened. This is just another obstacle in life for both of you to deal with. If you two really love each other then you will both figure out a way to solve this problem. Talk things out, and discuss this issue. She has to realize that although it's not her fault what happened she shouldn't expect you to totally put your feelings on hold. You count too! I congratulate you for your patience. I hope you two will make it because you obviously love her. It's not every man who will be inconvenienced by a woman and take it, although don't throw that in her face!!!! I believe you have shown her what true love is, just hope that she realizes it.

Good Luck!!!!

Jos Love*