Two girls that are friends. Plans made for same day and same place. Can y'all ?

Ok just a bit of background:

I met this girl a few months ago but we just started to flirt and talk more with each other a few weeks ago. She goes to the same university I do but have totally different classes, so we keep in contact through the phone. I feel like she's beginning to show signs that she is into me and probably wants more. However, I remember that she did flake on me once with no warning. Let's call her girl "A".

Now, just last month, I left an event that A attended with her friends and I ended up meeting another girl that was with the group (let's call her girl "B"). She's also from the same university and is friends with A. I added B to Facebook and we started talking. She enjoyed the conversations and we eventually swapped numbers. We met up only once to just talk and grab a bite to eat for lunch. We just casually have conversations and the flirting has not gone past one short-lived episode.

Here's where it gets hairy:

B brought up an idea for us to do at a big event coming up this week, particularly going dressed up alike. We planned it out and I carried on with it. A couple of days later however, A asks me if I'm going to go to that event. I said yes, and she said she was going too, also saying she can't wait for the day and that it'll be a fun time. Essentially, I am meeting both girls at the same place for the same event.

I'm really nervous about this. On one side, I'm still single. There has been no talk of exclusivity, let alone I haven't formally dated either of them to this point, just hung out with the girls separately a couple of times for lunch. Besides that, we only talk by phone. On the other end, I like their company, and I'm worried that I'm going to hurt them, lose both of them in a heartbeat, and end up with a grudge from both, all in one day because they are friends with each other.

Am I overreacting for no big deal? Is there any way to keep this situation as cool as possible so that the day and night can go smoothly? Please help me out y'all. Serious answers too.

unicorn farts

If you and Girl B show up in matching outfits I'm sure A is going to assume you two are on a date ... you should have told her you were going with B when she asked, or at least mentioned that B was going too so that she would be prepared.

At least you'll be able to gauge by their reactions to seeing the other girl whether they're interested in you! If they're not interested, I'm sure they won't care. If they are interested, they'll be pissed.

• Author

So then you would suppose it's not too late to say anything to A? The event is not till much later in the week. I figured that, in the worst of cases, the honesty might make her mad, but it's better if she found out now instead of at the scene.