Talk to girls to "just be friends

I had recently split up with my ex who I am not completely over and had moved to a town where I did not have a lot of friends. I had been in a relationship with her for 6 years and in some ways became co-dependant. So I have not been trying to make a lot of friends in some time other than my neighbors who I talk to all the time.

What is the best way to cold approach a girl with the intent of actually just hanging out for the sake of increasing your circle of friends what kind of conversations.

I am a fairly attractive guy and I do not want to just go find a girl right away without developing more friends first because I want to avoid the co-depdenat relationship again where I ended getting extremely hurt and six years later.

headinthecloud

Just be you and be upfront with girls who show interest in you. Girls wants guy friends too but physical chemistry is difficult to overcome.

The most important thing to do is work on your own happiness as only you are responsible for it.

I had recently split up with my ex who I am not completely over and had moved to a town where I did not have a lot of friends. I had been in a relationship with her for 6 years and in some ways became co-dependant. So I have not been trying to make a lot of friends in some time other than my neighbors who I talk to all the time.

What is the best way to cold approach a girl with the intent of actually just hanging out for the sake of increasing your circle of friends what kind of conversations.

I am a fairly attractive guy and I do not want to just go find a girl right away without developing more friends first because I want to avoid the co-depdenat relationship again where I ended getting extremely hurt and six years later.

• Author

I'll kind of explain. A girl who I tried to be a friend kept getting touchy with me and starting getting really awkward. Luckily her roomate kept her inline because I told her she starting to cross my boundaries.

Stuff like trying to touch you when you change the radio

"I love this song leave it here (as she grabs my arm)

Tries to get WAY too in tune with my feelings. I am having a normal conversatoin with someone else and there are about 40 other guys/girls where we were at (laser tag) and she asked "what is wrong" (same facial expression as the other some odd 40 guys/girls around. I kind of ignored her attention and turned away, but she did it 3 other times, at which the third time I said

"AWWWWW you are so In tune with me...thank you". ( I really did not mean to be mean but I did not how to get her to stop), she kind of blushed and acted like she went back to texting or something.

She later tried to act like she was going to hook up with one of my neighbors to make me jealous of something that was not there! I said, I am so glad for you that is Awesome! needless to say she did not like that comment and later texted me back that she could not hang with me anymore because she had to strong of feelings.

Other times when I try to talk to girl to become friends, the either seem to put up a barrier real quick, or they don't know what to do and act awkward. I feel like I need to start "gaming" girl to just be friend because that I seriously all I am looking for at this point. I was going to marry my ex almost three months ago.

I am approaching this the wrong way?

I have to add that my true motivation is to eventually get into a relationship with an attractive girl that is part of a larger circle of friends so I know who I connect with best.

Edited by jba10582