Is she starting to like me more than friends?

This girl and I are doing lots of fun things together like going to the movies, go out for dinner, cooking at home and we ve been to the United States together for holidays. We had a great holiday, but we did not got intimate.

Since the last two weeks we're holding hands while watching a movie. We're rubbing each others hands with our thumbs while doing it. Yesterday we interlocked our fingers for the first time after I told her how important she is to me. We haven't kissed yet. I only kissed her hand while holding it. She also gave me a custom-made birthday card.

I know her for six months now.

This all sounds fine, but 2,5 months ago her friend told me that she just want to be friends with me. I reduced the amount of conversations with her and we didn't see each other for two months. She wanted to meet, but I told her I had other plans. The hand holding/rubbing and interlocked fingers happened since the past two weeks.

Is there a reasonable chance that she is starting to like me more than friends?

Edited by Nexttoyou21

I know you want to hear someone tell you: "Yes there's about a 85% chance she likes you more now" or whatever number makes you happy. Truth is no one but she knows how much she likes you and would pursue something more than a friendship.

If you like this girl, ask her in a way that you find comfortable or keep spending time guessing and postpone the inevitable, whatever outcome that may be. In case you are afraid of being rejected and that she doesn't like you then take your time and find a way of coming to terms with the potential outcome.

• Author

You're right. I like to hear positive views about this, all my friends and relatives are giving me lots of hope. Yet I'm looking for more objective views, that's why I came here.

Thank you for responding! I am afraid of being rejected and losing our friendship. Yet I do enjoy the moments when we hold each others hands and interlocking our fingers. I want to take things to the next level, but I'm not sure if she wants it too.

Wow, six months?

Sorry to say, but I think that you might have waited too long. If you been seeing her for months, and have been holding hands for weeks, she might have come to think of you as mostly a friend.

Why don't you just ask her? Have you tried kissing her?

• Author

I haven't seen her that much. We didn't know each other very well before the trip. That's the main reason why we did some fun things before our departure. I invited her to join me to the States for a brief trip. Back then, I already noticed how attractive she is, but I didn't want to ruin our trip.

Our trip to the USA was in June. We've flirted a little bit over there, but she told me that she wasn't in love with me. She even told me that she has never felt real love for anyone.

We barely saw each other after the holiday. Only two times to be exact. Our recent "dates" are just from the last two weeks and before that we only gave each other hugs. She wants to do lots of fun things in the near future with me. I really don't know how she thinks about us right now. Has it changed during the time we haven't seen each other or maybe because of us interlocking fingers and holding/rubbing hands now?

I haven't kissed her on the mouth yet, only on her hand and the side of her head while hugging her.