Is/was this guy interested?

We worked together for four months. During this time, he covered my desk in funny notes when I was gone, and called my cell phone from a few desks away - just to see how I would react. He would also give me musical groups to look up, and we often talked about this. The thing is, he would give these funny notes to others around the office - just not as many - and seemed to get along better with them, always cracking jokes and constantly talking. He never really acknowledged me unless we were alone together - and then, it was awkward. he would barely talk and wouldn't really make any jokes. At work, he emailed me constantly, and has texted me a few times. Now that we no longer work together, he hasn't stayed in much contact. I occasionally text him - like once a month. He replies, but the conversations are never long. I've asked if he wanted to hang out once or twice since then, but he said he was busy.This was also after another coworker and I spent a weekend at his house to attend a musical festival.

So I guess my question is, whether you think he was/is interested in me as a friend or as something more?

Thanks!

bluechocolate

I think he was interested in you as a colleague who was receptive to his distractions in the office, which helped him get through the day at work. Now that you no longer work there you are superfluous to requirements.