Anyone else find this board takes FOREVER to load? time 4 trim?

Laurynn

Is it just me? It takes forEVER for this board to load.........I suspect it's because there are soooooooooooo many posts to have to load. Anyone else find this? If so, maybe the boardmaster could trim the board a bit....delete some of the older posts that are still there? (put them in the archives, if there's such a thing)

Laurynn

I just wrote the site administrator yesterday because, for a short time, the system response time was very slow. I think this is an intermittent problem that is due to traffic problems along the Internet system. If you could see a diagram of just how this stuff travels you would be amazed. Depending on where you are in the world, the information from the site could have to jump through 20 or more hubs before arriving at your computer.

The amount of type that has to load initially is pretty small and shouldn't really affect the speed of the initial download. There is actually less mgs. of data on the entire message link board than on one large color picture. And when you click on a message, there isn't much data there either.

Some of this could have to do with your own connection or server. If in the past it has loaded much more quickly and has just slowed down recently, if it doesn't improve soon you should call your Internet Servie Provider (ISP) for an explanation. At this time, my pages here are loading at pretty much a normal speed. Depending on certain characteristics of your Internet service, certain sites may load more slowly during peak usage periods.

I really do know what you are talking about. But I will tell you that overall, the Internet is doing much better than it has in the past and things are improving every day.

If you are really getting frustrated, write an e-mail and tell him about it. He is vitally concerned that the site function properly. He responded to me pretty quickly by telling me his download was fine. And, by that time, mine was too. But I'm sure he appreciates knowing what people's experiences are.

I use cable modem and in all other places, things just whizzzz along :-) I frequent various other forums like this, and when there's too many posts on it, it really slows things down...so the board admin will trim it. Most boards I frequent NEVER have this many posts on them....or else it's set so that when there's, say, 30 threads on each page, the new ones will cause previous 30 to go to page "2" or something like that.

There's an awwwwwful lotta posts on this board, I'm sure that has something to do with it. Sometimes I get tired of waiting to reload and give up! LOL

Another thing about this place....lots of the posts and responses are rather lengthy...so that increases the bandwidth, which increases load time.

Laurynn :-)

I just wrote the site administrator yesterday because, for a short time, the system response time was very slow. I think this is an intermittent problem that is due to traffic problems along the Internet system. If you could see a diagram of just how this stuff travels you would be amazed. Depending on where you are in the world, the information from the site could have to jump through 20 or more hubs before arriving at your computer. The amount of type that has to load initially is pretty small and shouldn't really affect the speed of the initial download. There is actually less mgs. of data on the entire message link board than on one large color picture. And when you click on a message, there isn't much data there either. Some of this could have to do with your own connection or server. If in the past it has loaded much more quickly and has just slowed down recently, if it doesn't improve soon you should call your Internet Servie Provider (ISP) for an explanation. At this time, my pages here are loading at pretty much a normal speed. Depending on certain characteristics of your Internet service, certain sites may load more slowly during peak usage periods. I really do know what you are talking about. But I will tell you that overall, the Internet is doing much better than it has in the past and things are improving every day. If you are really getting frustrated, write an e-mail and tell him about it. He is vitally concerned that the site function properly. He responded to me pretty quickly by telling me his download was fine. And, by that time, mine was too. But I'm sure he appreciates knowing what people's experiences are.

The length of the body of the posts will not affect the load time of the message board...only the number of messages will...and not significantly.

There is a little bit of time lag when you may see the screen blank while the messages are forming for transmission in one bunch to your computer.

Besides you and me, there has never been other complains about this to my knowledge. But it's just a rare experience for me.

I don't think trimming the number of threads will do much since they are each one very short line. The content or body of each post does not load on the initial message page so that isn't a factor.

Since the site is now being redesigned and should be put up anew shortly, perhaps we should wait and see how that works. If you continue to get really slow downloads, then you should write LoveAngel.

I will also tell you from experience that the speed of cable modems, even though they don't tell you when you subscribe, are really dependent on the number of people in your area who are signed onto the Internet at any one time. That's why things may be slower on a Friday night, when it's cold and everyone is at home.

See if it doesn't improve soon.