Wondering if this would be too much?

I invited a coworker to a gathering.

I do have a crush on her. She and I share a good rapport, but I don't know how she sees me, romantically. Hard to read her.

Anyway, the event is 15 minutes from my place, but 30 minutes from our workplace.

Would it be too much for me to offer to drive her to and back? I would without a doubt offer if it were ON THE WAY to her place, but with me backtracking, I don't want her to think "Whoa... this guy is crazy. He'd go out of his way that much for me? Whoa, does he like me... whoa, I just wanna stay friends..."

See what I mean? I guess you could say I've conditioned myself to rejection, and am speaking as someone who is very tentative and doesn't want to get hurt. I'd love to drive her, but don't want to put undue pressure on her.

Am I overanalyzing? Is it really no big deal, even if it is out of the way? Should I offer to drive her?

BTW, to make things more interesting, it will be her birthday, and she told me she has no plans (she celebrated over the weekend).

I'm trying to stay nonchalant here... confident... funny... not sure if offering to drive her negates any of that or puts me in a vulnerable position.

Any thoughts?

OVERANALIZING!!! hahahahaha

Dude, give her a ride.

say something like "I'll pick you up" - Because, this is how you treat your friends

-OK- this is going to sound a little messed up, but it WORKS.

- Treat her like your little sister, IMPORTANT: the little sister you want to have sex with.

Sure you'd take your little sister out and back.

If she says "No" tell her she can call if she changes her mind.

IF she says ""Whoa... this guy is crazy. He'd go out of his way that much for me?" Say "Its your birthday, I treat all my friends well on their BDAY"

• Author

Asked her this morning if she was gonna go and she was non-commital before saying "probably not."

Got my answer right there. So never had to offer to drive because she said no even before I could offer.

Also, my lesson is... back off. She just ain't interested in me romantically. Couple occasions now that we could have hung out outside of work but she didn't reach back on her end.

If a girl likes you, it shouldn't be so hard. Time to move on.

If a girl likes you, it shouldn't be so hard. Time to move on.

+1

Don't get involved with coworkers.

True, that this is a general rule. Mainly because "mixing business with pleasure" can produce potentially disastrous results for the business side if the pleasure side goes awry. Not to mention brain-blasting awkwardness!

But sometimes it certainly can end up very well. From what I understand though, that's a rarity.