Do ppl just talk about dating history randomly? or it means something more

organic chemistry

organic chemistry

me and my guy friend we just met like 2 months ago as sch yr started

i'm secretly in love with him. he's nice,gd looking, friendly, sporty,caring,considerate,smart and funny

But based on hanging out, i think he wouldn't be interested in me...plus he has a lot of girl friends that r funny and cute.

2 days ago we went lunch together, nothing special...we talked about normal stuffs like sch work,plans for christmas etc.

we hung out a lot these few days for studying finals together...we saw each other 10hrs every day...but again he flirted with other girls in library...

so i dun think he's ever interested in me...becoz i dun flirt

today we both decided to go to study late together. we went to dinner together...just like last time...same restaurant...same setting

but this time i dun remember who brought up the topics....but we were talking about past relationships, how many bf/gf we had, y we broke up with ppl, and he asked if i 'm dating anyone...and then the night went on...we talked more and more about our personal lives...and what type of girls he likes

my only question is "do ppl just talk about dating history randomly?"

or "do ppl talk about dating history becoz they r seeing other as a lover potential?"

i mean for me if i dun have romantic interest, i dun even care about ppl's dating history at all

People do many things. They talk about dating histories randomly at times. At other times, they have an agenda. No hard fast rule.

Out of basic curiosity, I'd be interested in the dating histories of my better friends. And indeed, I am most interested in the histories of those whose companies I prefer. Whether this applies to the person in your case is questionable. Whether it has romantic implications is questionable further still. The important thing from your POV is that he's your friend, surely that's a good starting point for any future possibilities. Now, it's up to you and himself to direct yourselves where you want.