What am I Doing Wrong With Guys???? Desperate for Advice!!!!

Okay, I'm having some issues, in that things always seem to be going well between me and the guy I like and then it suddenly goes bad. For instance, I recently had a class with this guy that I started to like and things were going really well, we would always joke around and there was one point last week when I thought that things had really hit a high point. I thought things were especially good when I left class with this other guy-friend of mine and then I saw that this guy came over to us so that we could walk together to our next class. And when we got to class, we were talking and flirting the whole time and then he caleld me to ask about class and we talked a bit. Then, this week things went sour. I was pretty stressed out this week and not in the greatest mood, and then I noticed that he just kind of stopped paying so much attention to me and when I called him to ask about something in the class he seemed kind of preoccupied and we barely spoke at all and it sounded like he wasn't interested at all, even though things were going so well before. He would always laugh at my jokes and, in fact, he was the one who initiated our first conversation. So I'm wondering, what am I doing wrong? Is it my personality, was it because I was a little stressed and not in the best mood this week? I was trying not to think about it, and I know this guy is not the last guy on earth, but what if this happens again, what if I always mess things up like this? What do you guys think happened? Please help!

• Author

Hi, Thanks for the comments. I was also actually thinking that he might have a girlfriend, but I doubt it.

It would be nice to just ask him what went wrong, but I just don't have the guts to do that. Do you think that me being stressed out for a couple of days had such a negative effect? And, if so, maybe he's not worth my time.

Is it possible that you misunderstand the attention from him because you are feeling lonely ?

His phone calls and talking to you could be nothing more than friendship and maybe you start stressing like you want it to be more and he backs away ?

I suggest lightening up a bit and relax more because we all know good things happen to us when we aren't looking for them :)

• Author

Well, that's the thing, I don't think that I actually did anything to sress that I wanted anything more and, in fact, he is the one who did most of the "chasing" in that he was always telling me jokes and talking to me and stuff. And, I don't know, it was just weird,I guess, to have him wanting to hang around me for so long and then in one week have him be stand-offish. It just took me by surprise and I don't understand what went wrong. Does this happen often?