Internet Dating: Good or Bad?

ConfusedInOC

Anyone ever met anyone via an internet dating service? I haven't tried them but I have heard my fair share of horror stories (married looking for something on the side, pics not exactly "recent", etc).

If I was to try this, what would be the best one?

I have one friend we've known for a long time and when his wife and him split up he did the online dating thing. He did connect with someone and he's really happy! I met her and couldn't help but like her!! I think once one gets over the 'stigma' attached to the online dating thing it could work. Anyways they've been together now for 2 years and probably going to be engaged at Xmas!!

Good luck and I hope this helps abit.

I have a friend who has been using one for a while. She's met guys she wasn't impressed with but lately met one who could well be a 'possible'. There should be no stigma. I think it's brilliant to be able to expand one's search beyond one's back door. Why settle for a local who doesn't suit you if you can find someone who does?

My boss met his current gf trough one of those dating sites and up to now she's not a psycho, nor is he.

Now personally I am too much of a scary cat to actually meet someone like this. I guess that when it's your turn to meet a psycho you can meet them anywhere :p

Nothing says the guy you meet in a coffeeshop or bookstore is any better, nicer, or safer than a guy you meet online. It's just that you think you'll recognize a bad deal when you see one. Unless the person is actually mentally unbalanced, however, it's no more obvious in person than it is in writing or on the phone.

The benefit of the internet is that people can communicate quite a bit before they meet and get a lot of questions out of the way. In both cases, what you need to find out is whether what the person tells you is true.

I wouldn't waste your time. All I've ever met on those sites are women who enjoy mind games. None of them are really serious about Love or marriage.

For every good ending on one of these sites, they are a thousand "bad" endings.