Juicy College Roomate Drama

This is my first time posting on this site, and I would really appreciate some advice.

I'm a 19 year-old male sophomore in college, and I'm living in a room with one other guy and two girls. When I first decided to live with them last year, I did so with the understanding that we were all just good friends with no romantic attachments. One of the girls already had a boyfriend, and the other, my best friend, didn't seem to be too interested in a relationship. However, this year, when we started living together, all hell broke loose. My best friend and the other guy became "involved" early in the semester, which resulted in a major fight between me and the two of them, ultimately ending in their break-up. I thought this was the end of it, and everything has been okay since then. Unfortunately, last night, I walked in on them during a heavy petting session. Needless to say, this was a rather uncomfortable situation to be in. I had had a few drinks, but the reality of this predicament hit me hard and I quickly lost my buzz. I think they continued with the petting, which most certainly progressed to intercourse, until early this morning. I was enraged and left a note on the wall that read: "While the rat's at bay, the mice will play. How very clandestine and meretricious. Bravo!" When I woke up this morning, the note was gone and both of them were still asleep. I know they are incredibly angry, but I don't feel I have done anything wrong. Two of my other good friends have talked with me about it, and we can't figure out what I should do. Should I maybe switch rooms next semester or should I just face the reality of the situation and move on? In any case, I'm really depressed...I don't know how i'm going to finish the semester.

Thanks

LucreziaBorgia

It sounds like you took your best friend and this guy hooking up pretty hard. Surprisingly hard, actually. More of a reaction than one I'd expect from someone who is just friends with this girl. I think the best thing would be a room change for you, since its apparent you take the 'no roomies hooking up' thing really seriously. Your reaction to it is very strong - and it seems that they aren't going to budge or let you break them up again, so maybe its best that you move on. I would suggest looking for roommates that you are more along the lines of what you have in mind for roommates and more likely to be in agreement on the types of 'roommate rules' that you prefer.

Why are you mad that your friends are romantically involved?

While I can understand that it is some what inconsiderate or inappropriate to be making out when you live with other people in "shared living space" and they should have been more discreet..

However because you're taking this so hard.. and coming across that it seems you feel "betrayed" I'm going to make a guess that you're so angry about this situation because you have a romantic interest in your best (girl) friend :confused:

As LB suggests.. I would look for other living quarters.