called a "nutcracker"?

My guyfriend who sends all kinds of mixed signals (see some of my previous posts) has called me a nutcracker. What does this mean?

Context:

me: I love the Nutcracker and can't wait to see it this holiday season.

him: No, thank you. I have enough nutcrackers in my life, you included.

Any insight?

:lmao:

I'm sorry this thread just struck me as so funny!

Sooo he's had enough "nutcrackers" in his life.. you included uh?

I don't know.. My take would be he's had a lot of women "bust his balls" and he's all set :confused:

:lmao:

Seriously I have no idea.. I'm sorry.

• Author

It's quite funny. And perplexing. I've never heard someone use this before. I definitely get that it's related to what you've said.

I guess I'm wondering more about what it means in terms of his thing for me/my thing for me. Is this some kind of hint? Or just a stupid boy comment that shouldn't be read into?

Originally posted by kanga

It's quite funny. And perplexing. I've never heard someone use this before. I definitely get that it's related to what you've said.

I guess I'm wondering more about what it means in terms of his thing for me/my thing for me. Is this some kind of hint? Or just a stupid boy comment that shouldn't be read into?

Well sister.. because he is still hanging out with you obviously he still likes you.. I don't know why he would have the impression that you are a "Nutcracker" if he was using it in the sense I think he was..

So at this point, I wouldn't over-think things..

But because this is just my sense of humor.. I would sooooooooooo get him a bag of assorted nuts AND an ACTUAL NUTCRACKER for Christmas :lmao: you could attach a card that says you're NUTS about him! :laugh:

• Author

Haha. Nuts and nutcrackers for Christmas! That is great! Merin, I LOVE that idea. We both have that kind of humor of it will be great.

OK, and yes, I will not overthink this. I tend to overthink everything (I'm a girl, what can I say). But this will pass by me with no overthinking.

Thanks.

Originally posted by kanga

Haha. Nuts and nutcrackers for Christmas! That is great! Merin, I LOVE that idea. We both have that kind of humor of it will be great.

OK, and yes, I will not overthink this. I tend to overthink everything (I'm a girl, what can I say). But this will pass by me with no overthinking.

Thanks.

Good Girl!

:lmao: You're welcome! Please let me know how the gift goes over;)

reservoirdog1

If you ask me, it means one of two things:

1) He's calling you a ballbreaker.

2) He's just saying, in a cute and funny way, that you're a nut.

Unless you've got a reason to think he means #1, I'd go with #2.

• Author

i just realized that i am incredibly super-extra flirty when tipsy. And I am much more guarded when not. Pretty typical behavior, naturally. But I make some solid innuendo when flirty, and this could very well be part of what he's referring to.