I'm. in love with a close friend and were both girls

Bubblegumkitty

Bubblegumkitty

So I'm in love with a real close friend. I told her that I'm in love with her and she said that she likes me, but we shouldn't date because we live about two hours away from each other. I understood that at first but then I got thinking and I really want that to change...and I've tried to talk to her about it but idk how to bring it up without sounding annoying. So does anyone know what I should say to her??

• Author
Bubblegumkitty

So I'm in love with a real close friend. I have known her for about three to four years now but we were never really that close untill just this pass july. I told her that I'm in love with her and she said that she likes me, but we shouldn't date because we live about two hours away from each other. I understood that at first but then I got thinking and I really want that to change...and I've tried to talk to her about it but idk how to bring it up without sounding annoying. So does anyone know what I should say to her?? Cuz I just feel completly lost without her...

You may think I'm an ******* for saying this, but I must be honest! This is what you want, and need. So no bull****, or pandering, or trying to make you feel good about yourself. I'm going to be brutally honest.

When a girl finds a reason, no matter what it is, to "not" date you, it's a clear indication that she's not whole heartedly into the idea at all.

In a way I'm glad that you saw this now, rather than later on in the relationship.

I get the feeling you love her and would do anything for her. Maybe even put up with a bad situation just to keep her.

So my answer is just a plain no.

Feel lost, be lost, get comfortable with lost.

When she can feel that you genuinely don't want/need her, she MIGHT (read: maybe, it usually works but not always) come to you and lay down her feelings at your mercy.

Let me know how it goes :)

theothersully

Wow, this is really good advice that hits home for me in a similar situation. Thank you for this post. :)

You may think I'm an ******* for saying this, but I must be honest! This is what you want, and need. So no bull****, or pandering, or trying to make you feel good about yourself. I'm going to be brutally honest.

When a girl finds a reason, no matter what it is, to "not" date you, it's a clear indication that she's not whole heartedly into the idea at all.

In a way I'm glad that you saw this now, rather than later on in the relationship.

I get the feeling you love her and would do anything for her. Maybe even put up with a bad situation just to keep her.

So my answer is just a plain no.

Feel lost, be lost, get comfortable with lost.

When she can feel that you genuinely don't want/need her, she MIGHT (read: maybe, it usually works but not always) come to you and lay down her feelings at your mercy.

Let me know how it goes :)

No offense, but it's clear that you are a bit young. This article is fascinatingly correct and wrong at the same time. I would love to meet you. In a couple of years you will be embarrassed by this piece because you will know more/better. And I look forward to seeing what you bring to the table in future.