Cheating must be physical: true or false, and why?

• Author

PS: I would not count as cheating if she had a sexual fantasy with Jason Statham or Vin Diesel.

The idea that a fantasy like that alone is cheating is, IMO, absurd. :laugh:

I have had both physical and emotional cheating done to me. The physical cheating from one ex killed me. But my next gf, finding texts talking to a guy like they were in a relationship...1000X worse for me. That says the love is gone if your willing talk on that level with someone else.

• Like 1
For me, and most betrayed husbands I know, it's the physical cheating that is the most devastating. My wife had some kind of emotional attachment in that she was flattered being pursued and charmed by the other guy, but that doesn't bother me at all. It's the sex.

If I caught her sexting with another guy I would be pissed and make her decide whether she wanted him or me. If she chose me, without the mental images of her screwing him I would have a much easier time forgiving. I think many, if not most, men are like me.

I'm glad you covered sexting. I feel that it is deceitful, yes, but if it what is keeping you from having the A, is it that bad? If conjuring a fantasy about a celebrity is ok and you have your joke of a "freebie list" like we do, what happens if that person becomes a part of your real life and now becomes friends with you? What was once find by your spouse, is no longer ok. I think that sexting would save you from the action of an A. Just a thought...