Why does this keep happening to me?

Hi. I am a college student and I attend frat parties. At many parties I have gone to, random guys have approached me and has said something along the lines of.. "my friend thinks your really cute and he wants to dance with you".

these guys approach me, and they are strangers i've never met who happen to be students at my college. I don't even look at them or notice them until they talk to me. I'm too busy dancing with my girl friends. Qhy does a guy always mention that his friend wants to dance with me? why doesn't he want to dance with me himself? I don't know any of these guys. I just find this bizarre.

by the way, i do find myself to be physically attractive, so i don't think they are bs-ing about that part. i just find it weird that the same thing keeps on happening to me. why doesn't the guy who actually talks to me, want to dance with me?

• Author

Also, the random friend that this happens to that night always is standing there in his own world, looking oblivious. Does he even know that his friend is trying to set him up with me? He doesn't even look at me. Or is it to look casual because he's embarrassed? It makes me feel bad that the guy who actually has confidence to talk to me, doesn't want to dance with me himself. I don't know.

Julie

Try looking at it in a positive way. These boys think that you are so desireable that they are too shy to approach you themselves so they send their friends. They are standing around trying to be oblivious because they want you to think they are cool.

If you prefer the guy who is doing the asking, tell him that.

If you think the other guy is cute, tell the guy who approached you that you only dance with men who are man enough to ask themselves. Use a flirty tone when you deliver this message.