I got a marriage proposal and NOT from my B/F!!!

WTF!!!

I swear I always have so much dammed drama. Last night I went to dinner with one of my friends/associates. I talk to him alot ( as a friend) about the crap I am going thru with my b/f and my pregnancy ect. My b/f isn't treating me very well right now but I'm giving him time to adjust to learning he's going to be a father.

Anyways, this friend confessed that he is in love with me, he wants to take care of me, he loves my son bla bla bla and said if I married him he would spend every moment making sure I was happy... It was actually the most romantic thing that has ever happened to me. i didn't know what to do but laugh.... so he thinks I laughed in his face... I didn't mean to, it just didn't seem real and I can't run off and marry my friend. his he crazy. I feel like I didn't handle the situation properly and he is such a sweetheart, and such a great guy he deserves someone who will love him back. I don't know what to do, how to apoligise or if I should tell my b/f.

Please Help!!

that was sweet, though. I would apologize for laughing and say that you were taken aback and didn't really know how to react.

I don't think your BF needs to know. What good would it do, anyways? On edit, I say this because of the background info on how your BF has been acting lately.

Did you ever noticed if your friend showed signs of having a crush on you?

This seems to happen alot with opposite sex friendships. Either one is secretly in love with the friend or vice versa.

1st clear things up with your friend. Apologise about laughing and that you were're taken by surprise by the whole situation and that your only reaction was to laugh. Do, let him know where you and he stand. Tell him your flattered but your are sorry that you don't share the same feelings about him then he does about you.

Don't say or add more about what he deserves or that he will find someone, etc...

If he can't be just friends with you then it might be a good idea to either end it or cool off for a long while, meaning minimal contact.

I do suggest that you tell your BF what happend.

Good Luck!

Damn Stone!

Seeeeee I told you you've still got "Hooch appeal" :laugh:

Seriously girl.. I bet you were blown away if you had no idea he felt this way.

I've had this happen to me before to.. well minus the marriage proposal LOL but yeah..

I would talk to your friend.. tell him when you laughed it wasn't because you were laughing at him, or how he feels.. but that it just took you by suprise and you didn't know how to respond. I would be very direct with him in letting him know you care about him, and love him as a FRIEND.. but that you're not available for anything more.

Your BF.. well you know I want to just kick his a** for not being a lot more grown regarding the situation you guys are in.. whether or not you should tell him what happend last night.. I don't really know if you should.. to begin with it isn't as if you feel the same way about your friend.. two I worry in some ways that your BF will use this as another excuse to be an assclown.. and last thing.. will it really make any difference in the bigger picture?

Ugggghhhh!

• Author

No ring, but If I said yes I am sure he would have bought me the biggest one he could :(

i have been having weird dreams about him lately, must be a prego thing with my hormones I do feel bad. I've been trying to hook him up with my friend but he doesn't like her... My b/f's even meet him before. I am going to try to call him tonight and see if he wants to talk so I can apoligise.

Originally posted by johan

Don't apologize. Accept.

No kidding! Your BF is being a butt, let him do what he wants then go ahead and marry this guy who is in love with you and would love to take care of you even though you're having someone else's baby... ;):p

Aww Stone, that was so sweet of him. You should apologize and explain to him that you did not laugh at him. That it was a nervous laugh or something. Let him know that you appreciate it but that you cannot marry him.

About telling your bf......if it's going to cause this other guy problems then I say no, but if he does not know him then go ahead and tell him so that he can see that other people do appreciate you!!!!!!!!!

• Author
Originally posted by savethedrama4yrmama

Damn stone you are just that fine, even pregnant! Sh*t I'm jealous!

HAHA I'm not showing yet..... but I am dammed fine :laugh: (kidding)

• Author

hey all you people who listen to Hip Hop or R&B.... he left some song on my voice mail It was sweet but I want to hear the whole song ( I'm more of a rock and roll chick LOL) the chours line was "You Should let me love you" don't know the name of the song or the artist anyone have a clue?

Originally posted by Stone

hey all you people who listen to Hip Hop or R&B.... he left some song on my voice mail It was sweet but I want to hear the whole song ( I'm more of a rock and roll chick LOL) the chours line was "You Should let me love you" don't know the name of the song or the artist anyone have a clue?

Stevie Ray Vaughan has a "Let Me Love You".

If he left *that* song, I'd marry him.

...I feel like I didn't handle the situation properly and he is such a sweetheart, and such a great guy he deserves someone who will love him back...

Just tell him that. And apologize.

And if he is so sweet, and so great, and so devoted to you...I'm not saying marry him before the feelings are there...never that...but maybe give the feelings a chance to develop? With two young children, you will need a solid support.

I know you love your bf. (Or do I?) But I worry about whether he can ever truly support you. Just in the past few months, he has:

* called you a pig

* repeatedly suggested you abort your pregnancy

* threatened to go and work in Iraq, contrary to your desires

* threatened suicide

And his father is a buttgrabber too. That's not your bf's fault...but you need your bf/H to be there 100% for you.

THINK ABOUT IT.

where do I mail the check?

Oh, just mail it to MY therapist. OR my psychiatrist. Either way.

(Thanks for saying I'm good. :):) )