label or not label

So, I went on a 5 hour date with my best guy friend, never mentioned the word date though, nor anything remotedly connected to it. not mentioned the word friend either. we had a really good time, he said too, and showered me with compliments afterwards. he was sooo careful with me. we didn't drink alcohol. did some pretty unusual things. he paid. laughed till our jaws hurt. part of me is aching because now hes definately become more than a friend to me, he was so touchy feely too. part of me confused, for years he has said NO to hanging out, alone, doing stuff. part of me really understanding him, part of me not wanting to label this whole thing.. on the other hand, shouldn't i know what to expect from now on. we got lots of planned activities to do together in the future. but he is quite tense with me, i dont understand why. would a guy, friend, label it a date if he was really interested, or is he just killing time with a "magic laughter" (me), trying to tiptoe in some sort of nowhereland between friendship and more?

no label to be seen