guy with gf...

Thiamine

I'm close friends with this guy who has a girlfriend...I really like him and we always joke about us being together if he and his girlfriend break up. He loves his gf, and we've never been more than friends and I feel like I would totally jeopardize their relationship if I said I thought of him as more of a friend. Should I just keep quiet and stay friends with him? I don't want to act like I'm waiting around for him to break up with his gf. Any opinions would be *greatly* appreciated!

ALTHOUGH MAY HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND LOVE HER VERY MUCH AT THE SAME TIME, HE HAS TO HAVE SOME KIND OF FEELINGS FOR YOU. OTHERWISE HE WOULDN'T JOKE ABOUT YOU GUYS BEING TOGETHER IF HIM AND HIS GIRL WERE TO BREAK UP. THINK ABOUT THIS........IF YOU REVEALING YOUR FEELINGS DOESN'T JEOPARDIZE THEIR RELATIONSHIP IT MIGHT JEOPARDIZE YOURS AND HIS RELATIONSHIP AS FRIENDS. IF HE IS HAPPY WITH HIS GIRFRIEND AND THERE IS THAT POSSIBILTY THAT HE LIKES YOU, IT'S NOT FAIR TO HIM TO PUT HIM IN THAT POSITION OF EVEN KNOWING THAT YOU LIKE HIM. AT THAT POINT HE WILL START CONSIDERING HIS OPTIONS WHICH MAY JEOPARDIZE HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND. IT'S A HARD SITUATION, I KNOW BECAUSE I'VE BEEN IN THAT SITUATION BEFORE. I ON THE OTHER HAND LIVE BY A MOTTO TO MAKE MYSELF HAPPY BEFORE I MAKE OTHERS HAPPY(WHICH MEANS THAT I WOULDN'T CARE ABOUT HIS GIRLFRIEND IF I THOUGHT IT WAS ABSOLUTELY GOD'S WILL FOR HIM AND I TO BE TOGETHER.)..... YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO CALL ME SELFISH. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU TO LOOK AT IT IN A DIFFERENT POINT OF VEIW.

I'm close friends with this guy who has a girlfriend...I really like him and we always joke about us being together if he and his girlfriend break up. He loves his gf, and we've never been more than friends and I feel like I would totally jeopardize their relationship if I said I thought of him as more of a friend. Should I just keep quiet and stay friends with him? I don't want to act like I'm waiting around for him to break up with his gf. Any opinions would be *greatly* appreciated!
ALTHOUGH MAY HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND LOVE HER VERY MUCH AT THE SAME TIME, HE HAS TO HAVE SOME KIND OF FEELINGS FOR YOU. ...

What part of DON'T POST IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS don't you understand? :p It usually creates very visually straining messages for others to read and usually denotes screaming in textual applications. Thanks :)

LoveAngel

I know how tough this could be for you, just understand that if he is serious about the two of you, he is probably having a tougher time coping with it. Right now he might need you to remain as a friend and nothing more. If he was sure about ending it with his girlfriend and starting something with you he would have done it by now or he would have discussed it with you in a serious way. Don't confuse the guy anymore than he already is. My advice is...keep your true feelings to yourself. Act on his actions but don't feel obligated to let yourself go just yet. It may be hard but its the best thing to do for the both of you and his girlfriend. Wait to see how his present relationship continues. If it looks like it's getting rocky then he might be thinking about you a lot more.

yvette