Would he say this if he Didn't mean it?

Hi. I was introduced to this guy, josh, on my summer program last summer. We literally spoke for 30 seconds and other people were around. I Didnt think anything of it. Then we never saw eachother or spoke for the rest of the summer. he had a girlfriend for the rest of the summer program. However when we got back from the program he Facebook messaged me saying "hey". We had a normal conversation and then he asked me why he Didnt see me for the rest of the summer. I told him "I guess we had different schedules." We became friends after talking for a long period of time on Facebook/txt. We were just friends so I asked him why a certain guy i was talking to likes me. He said "I'm not surprised he likes you. You were the prettiest girl in the program." I think I'm pretty, but in a natural way. The only makeup I wear is mascara. However I don't know if I should believe him because even though I believed I was one of the prettiest, the other girls wore more makeup, straightened their hair etc. wouldn't a teenage guy be brainwashed into thinking they are prettier? There was also over 100 girls in the program.

Josh and I live 2 hours away from eachother so I don't think he wants to meet up with me. He also is not preverted. He's a nice classy guy. Does this mean he meant what he said? Because he knows he's not getting anything out of it anyway? It's not like he's trying to sleep with me.

I hate being lied to because then I feel like a fool. Thanks.

Hi. I was introduced to this guy, josh, on my summer program last summer. We literally spoke for 30 seconds and other people were around. I Didnt think anything of it. Then we never saw eachother or spoke for the rest of the summer. he had a girlfriend for the rest of the summer program. However when we got back from the program he Facebook messaged me saying "hey". We had a normal conversation and then he asked me why he Didnt see me for the rest of the summer. I told him "I guess we had different schedules." We became friends after talking for a long period of time on Facebook/txt. We were just friends so I asked him why a certain guy i was talking to likes me. He said "I'm not surprised he likes you. You were the prettiest girl in the program." I think I'm pretty, but in a natural way. The only makeup I wear is mascara. However I don't know if I should believe him because even though I believed I was one of the prettiest, the other girls wore more makeup, straightened their hair etc. wouldn't a teenage guy be brainwashed into thinking they are prettier? There was also over 100 girls in the program.

Josh and I live 2 hours away from eachother so I don't think he wants to meet up with me. He also is not preverted. He's a nice classy guy. Does this mean he meant what he said? Because he knows he's not getting anything out of it anyway? It's not like he's trying to sleep with me.

I hate being lied to because then I feel like a fool. Thanks.

You need a chill pill, kiddo.

Some guy you'll probably never see again gave you a compliment and since he didn't have an obvious agenda he might have been lying? You're either too intense or need to build up that self-esteem if you think somebody's only motive to give you a compliment is that they want must something from you.

What's that about being lied to? Most of the time, most people mean what they say. If he lied about thinking you're pretty (or the "prettiest") then that's on him, for being crazy and lying about something like that. Again, self-esteem. Do you find it insane that a guy might find you, as beauty in the eye of the beholder, the cutest girl in a large group?

Anyway being lied to doesn't make you a fool. The only thing it makes is the person telling the lie a liar. Does believing a very flattering compliment make you gullible? No.... unless you feel you are hideous so again ^^what I said up there.

That's his way of hinting that he likes you. And yes, he meant it when he said he thinks you are the prettiest girl there. Beauty is subjective and everyone has their own preference. Sometimes when I see a girl all dressed up with skimpy clothes and lots of make up, it gives me the impression that she's too into her looks and I might find that quality unattractive. Ironically, the time I find a girl really attractive is when she's just wearing her sweats and look completely comfortable in her own skin.