What works best?

When I approach this girl should I say, "can I ask you a question, are you seeing anybody right now?" or should I get to the point and say, "can I call you sometime?"

Originally posted by liono

I am trying to get to know her better.

Well I mean if you know who she is but don't talk to her often just walk up and say hi and get a conversation going. It's odd at first but if you know something about her you can start with that.

• Author

Well I've had conversations with her before and some have been serious. I talked to her about school because she goes to the school I used to go to. But most times I joke around. Sometimes I feel she is going to laugh me off. I've had a feeling she liked me but I haven't acted on it before. I feel if I can generate a serious conversation I can go further.

Originally posted by liono

Well I've had conversations with her before and some have been serious. I talked to her about school because she goes to the school I used to go to. But most times I joke around. Sometimes I feel she is going to laugh me off. I've had a feeling she liked me but I haven't acted on it before. I feel if I can generate a serious conversation I can go further.

Sounds like you're on the right track. Just keep it cool and let it progress naturally. Don't rush it.