Very about friends with benefits

So I've been sleeping with this guy for a few months now. He knows I have feelings for him and we talk via text all week long. He'll send me pictures of him and his nephew, of things he's doing and updates most of the week with what he's doing.He remembers everything I say to him even when I don't realize he's listening and can repeat all of it back to me at later dates. I know he has committment issues and he says he's just not in a place where he wants to date. We watch hockey games, hang out and watch tv and talks about me nonstop to our mutual friend who also seems to think he has feelings for me. Further to all of this we recently intertwined fingers while having sex and looking into each others eyes, something definitely new and remarkably intimate feeling. What is going on with this guy?

Believe what he says. He's telling you straight up he has commitment issues and doesn't want to date or want a relationship. No matter what he does or how he acts towards you his words will always be his "way out". Believe his words!