What is the difference between FWB and Lovers... HELP

[font=times new roman][/font][color=red][/color]

Are we friends or are we lovers? How do you ever know the difference? I thought I was in more of a FWB situation because we have always maintained that we are friends first and foremost... But lately I have been thinking about it and it seems like we are more so lovers... is there a difference and what is the difference. We are not boyfriend and girlfriend but we are more then FWB I think.

FWB: they call up and say wanna hook up

Lovers: would send you flowers, take you dinner, feed you chocolates, give you a bath, give a massage, kiss you to death, then you would make love, not have sex or f*ck.

• Author

See... We dont go out to dinner and we dont do flowers and mushy stuff like that... neither of us are mushy... we have sex... we dont call each other up and say ya wanna hook up persay but we do plan when we bring a friend into the festivities. When we are out we usually go home together and sometimes just cuddle and sometimes fool around. We hang out with a lot of the same friends and usually if we are at the bar we are on the same tab and usually he pays but sometimes I do. We dont and arent playing the field to hook up with others and I pretty much treat this as a committed monogamous relationship with the exception of an occasional extra girl that gets brought in picture by both of us... (See my prior post)... and I just feel like in many ways we act more relationshipy then just hooking up and just being friends... we have both admitted to have feelings for each other. Neither of us wants a full blown relationship though...

LucreziaBorgia
Originally posted by RoxStar

Neither of us wants a full blown relationship though...

Sounds like you are on the same page at least. Just keep in mind that even though you treat it like a committed monogamous relationship - doesn't mean that he sees it that way. I guess if you two are honest with each other about the relationship and are in agreement about what you expect from it - then there is really no problem with it.

The problem starts when one of you loses sight of what it is, in lieu of what you want it to be.

Just keep open lines of communication, and be crystal clear about your expectations with each other and it should be fine.