Can't talk after we kissed while she was in a relationship

I have been extremely close with a friend this past year, we've grown to a point where we talked everyday and night for hours on end on the phone; i began to grow feelings awhile back and have kept them in as i valued the friendship. However months later we began to argue as she began to close up as a person, making our conversations vague and dialogued. We stopped talking for about a week this month until we eventually met up again to figure everything out, after a lot talking and hugging we got to a point where we kissed due to the heat of the moment thing, due to the feelings coming out after the conversation.

After it, she moved away and told me she had been seeing one of her longtime friends for about 2-3 weeks and have just had sex with him the week before as they both wanted it. Thing is before this, she had declined his offer for sex because of me as she was waiting for me to ask her out. Though she also said they also had sex with eachother a year before as friendswithbenefits. However before telling me of the sex with him.

She told me that she had feelings for me this past year and also kept it in to preserve our friendship and was waiting for me to make a move.

However she gave up only this month after because it seemed to her that i had no feelings for her to begin with especially after arguing with her about her being secretive (She didn't know i had feelings though whole time). Due to the arguments she began to see her friend more often and grew feelings for him thus eventually sleeping with him and is now dating him.

At the end of the day after talking about all the ways we hinted each other and all the possibilities we could've had with each other, she told me that we had to stop hanging out as she didn't want to develop deeper feelings for me as she is now in a relationship.

She told me that she still liked me and i told her i still had feelings for her, however she was now dating her friend so she said she couldn't do anything with the feelings even if she wanted to.

Right now, we haven't talked for about a week and it seems that life is missing something. I want her back but at the same time, the fact that she had sex with her friend and grew feelings for him so fast after losing feelings for me makes me feel like she didn't have that many strong feelings for me to begin with.

So if she does come back to me within a few months and tells me she broke-up with him because she wanted me, should i even take her back? She already had sex with him which means that she did like him and that she was into the relationship. And she did this almost immediately after losing feelings for me.

---

tl;dr - friend liked me, i liked her, we both didnt know, she moved on, had sex with her friend, now dating him, then we found out we both liked each other, i want her back but i don't at the same time after her having sex within a week of moving on from me. What to do?

I have been extremely close with a friend this past year, we've grown to a point where we talked everyday and night for hours on end on the phone; i began to grow feelings awhile back and have kept them in as i valued the friendship. However months later we began to argue as she began to close up as a person, making our conversations vague and dialogued. We stopped talking for about a week this month until we eventually met up again to figure everything out, after a lot talking and hugging we got to a point where we kissed due to the heat of the moment thing, due to the feelings coming out after the conversation.

After it, she moved away and told me she had been seeing one of her longtime friends for about 2-3 weeks and have just had sex with him the week before as they both wanted it. Thing is before this, she had declined his offer for sex because of me as she was waiting for me to ask her out. Though she also said they also had sex with eachother a year before as friendswithbenefits. However before telling me of the sex with him.

She told me that she had feelings for me this past year and also kept it in to preserve our friendship and was waiting for me to make a move.

However she gave up only this month after because it seemed to her that i had no feelings for her to begin with especially after arguing with her about her being secretive (She didn't know i had feelings though whole time). Due to the arguments she began to see her friend more often and grew feelings for him thus eventually sleeping with him and is now dating him.

At the end of the day after talking about all the ways we hinted each other and all the possibilities we could've had with each other, she told me that we had to stop hanging out as she didn't want to develop deeper feelings for me as she is now in a relationship.

She told me that she still liked me and i told her i still had feelings for her, however she was now dating her friend so she said she couldn't do anything with the feelings even if she wanted to.

Right now, we haven't talked for about a week and it seems that life is missing something. I want her back but at the same time, the fact that she had sex with her friend and grew feelings for him so fast after losing feelings for me makes me feel like she didn't have that many strong feelings for me to begin with.

So if she does come back to me within a few months and tells me she broke-up with him because she wanted me, should i even take her back? She already had sex with him which means that she did like him and that she was into the relationship. And she did this almost immediately after losing feelings for me.

---

tl;dr - friend liked me, i liked her, we both didnt know, she moved on, had sex with her friend, now dating him, then we found out we both liked each other, i want her back but i don't at the same time after her having sex within a week of moving on from me. What to do?

If you both feel like you can be happy together then you should make it work. If she feels like she will be happier in this other relationship then you have to respect that and you can probably still be friends.