Does my straight friend want me?

I posted a few months ago if anyone wants back story.

In short, I have a close male friend named Jake. We met several months ago and bonded very quickly. I believe him to be straight and as far as he knows I am straight although I privately consider myself bi.

Jake is moving away permanently in a few weeks and it's not really okay with me. I still have quite a crush on him. He has been wanting to hang out all the time- pretty much every night. His girlfriend has been away for the holidays. This is totally fine with me. Because we don't have a big group of friends, it's usually just me and him and we have fun together. We talk about almost anything; recently he opened up to me about some fairly raunchy details of his sexual history.

He's been clingy enough that I wonder if there's something more there. I kind of want to ask him but I'm afraid of ruining the friendship. He's never made a move. He occasionally says homophobic things and was raised in a homophobic part of the country so this could very well go over like a lead balloon- which with is being coworkers, even though for just another week or two, would be imprudent.

Any thoughts? I don't even know if something could ever work out long term but even just a fling would be a thrill!

• Like 1