Who is your best psychological match? What "type" are you?? Find out here :-)

NowYouSeeMe

Hi guys. I'm relatively new to this forum. Actually it is the first forum I've ever joined. Recently been going through one of my toughest BU's yet (I guess I had greater expectations and had made so many plans.. so it was a greater disappointment). And as it is so common, I've been replaying scenarios in my head.. internally debating myself to justify His and mine actions.. considering the "what ifs".. yadda yadda. It made me relive every other break-up I've ever had and I wanted to find a pattern. I know there is no such thing as the "perfect guy".. but I know I have been with all kinds of guys. I haven't dated all, but I'm talking about the ones who I have closely gotten to know. Really - a variety of personality types. Now I don't want to reduce these great men (and not so great men) to a "type", but I'm trying to see what and what hasn't worked for me:

- The Career Driven One, somewhat very Materialistic and Traditional "man". You can say overly confident too. In retrospect, seems like he had something to prove. Has a fierce Attitude.

- The Romantic Dreamer. Super Intelligent and extremely Sensitive, often to his own feelings, though. A little kid inside (good way). Selfish in defense, can be too critical/picky. Playful.

- The Gorgeous Mystery. This guy is extremely attractive, does have that Playboy essence to him but is deeply Introspective, somewhat Eccentric, also philosophical and Adventurous. Also comes across as Confused.

- The Genius Joker. Again, very Intelligentand Pragmatic. Sees everything as a puzzle that can be solved. Analytical and conclusion-drawer. Hard to open up emotionally. Not very sensitive. FUNNY.

- The Intense and Passionate Survivor. Very Intense about it all. Deep soul. Overcame tough life obstacles successfully. Protective of himself and loved ones. Can be controlling. Insecure. Very caring and thoughtful. Not selfish. Stubborn. Hard-working and Intelligent.

**^^OK, here's my EX. Toughest BU for me yet, because I clicked with this guy the most emotionally (close second is The Romantic Dreamer).

A lot of these men are great. The Genius Joker is one of my best friends. Did share feelings for one another at one point, nothing happened, nothing will. The Romantic Dreamer was my first love. He is precious to me but now I think he was childish. The Career Driven One and Gorgeous Mystery didn't last long at all, for obvious reasons. My EX almost had it all. Sigh.

Now I hope I'm not being too picky, but I do know what I like and what I need. How do I know who I'm compatible with if I don't consider what "type" I am??

This led me to self-analyze what type of person I am in a relationship, and also as a friend, person. How do I communicate, express myself, what are my priorities in life. Am I Introvert/Extrovert?

I found this psychological test by psychologists MyersBriggs and Jung. It is a typology test that has some good reviews and ratings. I've seen that big companies and project managers administer these tests on employees to form effective groups and teams. Basically, this test is popular for a reason.

Here is a LINK to take a sample version (accuracy of course will be questioned, but I think it fairs well.)

Personality test based on C. Jung and I. Briggs Myers type theory

There are 16 MBIT personality types. I'm sure we can all find ours. The key to answering the questions is be as honest as you can with yourself.. and try and be consistent/accurate in your answers. They are yes and no questions so don't think TOO much, but try to be introspective of yourself. If you cannot choose Yes or No, pick the most regular action in your life.

I am an ENFJ on and off again INFJ. The description of this type can be found here:

Portrait of an ENFJ

ENFJ Relationships

Careers for ENFJ Personality Types

I found it to be VERY accurate. It described me really well and suggested which "type" in a partner is most natural for me. I was surprised but also agreed on the results.

***I do not think knowing what type we are should push us to ONLY date the most compatible type. I think any two mature "types" of people can make it work if they understand the nature of each other. And are willing to give and take. Every relationship, no matter how ideal, needs work.***

I'm really interested in knowing what you guys get as a result if you'd like to share. Also do you think your result is accurate? In your words, what type of partner in your love life, or in general, has suited you most? Which has suited you least? Does what you want match what you need in a partner? It requires you to study yourself a bit in order to get some answers.

If you already know your type, and your partner's type: Are you compatible by the test? If not, what do you do to make it work?

In general, what are your thoughts about all this?

Edited by NowYouSeeMe

INFJ.

Now i have to make my friends take it, so i can know if i get along with them, lol, but i won't.

EDIT:

After reading more, i found it to be incredibly accurate, including the fact that i am very intuitive and trust my gut feelings that are always right. Tend to perceive stuff before they happen, but i don't act in time.

Or i predict what will happen and get vibes from people around me, my friends just get amazed and are in awe when i am right.(to the last detail)

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/INFJ.html

1% of pop is infj, i am god damn rare =).

Edited by FrostBlaze