marriage talk

I've seen a couple other posts than mention the bf joking about marriage and what married life would be like, and it has made me question my own relationship. My current bf jokes about us getting married fairly regularly. This shocks me a little, because in the early stages (or at any stage for that matter) of a relationship, I am not really comfortable talking about us getting married. It is a very serious topic, that I might think about hesitantly in my distant thoughts, but not something I would hint at and joke about. I'm not saying it bothers me that he says these things, they pretty much tickle me, but I could never say the things he says -- mostly out of fear of scaring him off (or scaring myself off, hehehe). I guess my question is, how do guys feel about marriage and joking about marrying their current gf??? Is this an indication he can see us together long-term? Or is marriage just not a serious topic to him?

From past relaitonships, I'd say they're not too serious about it. but it depends on the guy. I had an ex who joked about marriage all the time, and he ended up sleeping with my roommate! So....I wouldn't worry about it. If it makes you uncomfortable, make sure to tell him that the joke isn't really that funny to you.

I promise you, no man will joke about marriage without their being a desire for some sort of reaction. While you are not interested at this point, you should be tickled that these allusions to marriage are his way of seeing just how much you think of him. And they are an indication of sorts that he is hoping the relationship goes in that direction.

They shouldn't be taken too seriously in that while his feelings may be in this direction now, they could change. Anybody's feelings can change anytime.

A lot of people who want to are discuss something serious advance it in a joking manner to neutralize their nervousness. The fact that your responses have been flat should be a message to him that your head is not on marriage at this time.

There is, of course, a very slight chance that he has some screws loose and that this is just a tease...but I don't think so.

This is nothing to worry about. Take my word, most men consider marriage to be a lot more serious than women do in a lot of ways, in my opinion.

Hey, be glad you have a man who sees you in his future. I've been with my bf for 3 years, we have a 1 yr old and he's never said anything about marriage. You should feel special he's open to talking about marriage to you. Maybe it's a suttle hint that in the future he can see you two together. Good luck.

I've seen a couple other posts than mention the bf joking about marriage and what married life would be like, and it has made me question my own relationship. My current bf jokes about us getting married fairly regularly. This shocks me a little, because in the early stages (or at any stage for that matter) of a relationship, I am not really comfortable talking about us getting married. It is a very serious topic, that I might think about hesitantly in my distant thoughts, but not something I would hint at and joke about. I'm not saying it bothers me that he says these things, they pretty much tickle me, but I could never say the things he says -- mostly out of fear of scaring him off (or scaring myself off, hehehe). I guess my question is, how do guys feel about marriage and joking about marrying their current gf??? Is this an indication he can see us together long-term? Or is marriage just not a serious topic to him?