no new year's call? (overanalyzing follows)

okay, folks, i'm trying so hard not to overanalyze this. i'm trying hard not to make this into something it's not.

the guy whom i am sorta something or whatnot with didn't call to wish me a happy new year at midnightish.

big deal? no. i guess not. but he called at midnightish christmas to be the first to wish me a merry christmas. he called at midnightish on my birthday to be the first to say happy birthday. i really did think he'd call this morning.

i guess my fear about what this means has more to do with the fact that he didn't ask me about my new year's plans or invite me to his. i have no idea what he did.

i haven't heard from him since thursday afternoon.

i really don't want to call him. well, i do, of course. but i'm telling myself i can't.

is this lack of new year's communication a big deal? am i overanalyzing? he didn't know until two days ago that i was even going to be in the area (i was out of town for christmas); he could've assumed i already had plans. but no call? what gives? am i putting too much emphasis on to what spending/sharing the new year's means for the future of a potential couple?

LucreziaBorgia
Originally posted by kanga

am i putting too much emphasis on to what spending/sharing the new year's means for the future of a potential couple?

Yes. There is nothing that says you can't pick up the phone today and wish him a Happy New Year. If you get the cold shoulder, or you sense that he is putting you off - then you can worry.

• Author

Soooo, he has just called me right now. And he left a message saying NNY. But I didn't check my voicemail, so I had no idea that he had called.

He's all, "OK, so we'll go out to eat at this place next week."

Ah, silly, silly kanga.

I really have to stop being so insecure.

• Author

Promising, I do hope. But, as my previous posts state, we've been in relationship purgatory for so long. I'm going to try really hard to get the balls to say something when we're out this week. Not knowing our status is what's feeding my insecurity I think.

Thank you for your help.