Does my best friend have feelings for me?

LCDsoundsystem

LCDsoundsystem

Hi guys. Ok, so I've known this guy (I'm a girl) for about 2 years. He's become one of my best friends. We're both 19 and in college. He had a girlfriend for the first couple months a knew him, so we developed a great friendship. Once he and his gf broke up, we had some super drunken night that ended up with me and him in his bed making out. We laughed about it afterwards and just said "let's blame it on the alcohol." There have been a couple other instances that ended up with us kissing. We just kind of declared it as our thing..that we drunkenly makeout. So for the remainder of freshmen year we just continued on being great friends. (Seriously, this kid knows everything about me, the good, bad, and the ugly. We love eachother..at least platonically) We even have a marriage-pact that if neither of us are married by 35, we'll get married.

This summer we talked about three times a week, and I'd go visit him and my other friends (I live 4 hours away from them). One night after partying at his house we ended up cuddling until I fell asleep. The next morning we went out for breakfast and he casually said he "wasn't drunk at all" that night. There have been several other instances where he would flirt with me. I went to a themed party as a "kissing booth" with a sign around my neck that said "kisses for $100 (obviously joking)" and he just looks at me with this flirty smile and says "I bet I could find $100 tonight." We've also jokingly discussed him taking my virginity. He kind of laughed it off and was like "I'm 90% kidding"....but what about that other 10%???

But this year he got a new girlfriend. It seems pretty serious. He's met her whole family and everything. There hasn't been much flirting between us anymore..besides when he mentions that we still plan on getting married at 35. Or he's joked about how he'll ask me out in some dorky way. But this weekend I went to a party with him and bunch of people (including his girlfriend). We all got really drunk, but I remember there was some sexual tension between us (at least I think). I remember his hand like grazing mine, interlocking at times.

Bottom line is that I'm like 90% sure I'm in love with this kid. There's been this guy that's been trying to go on dates with me. My best friend tells me I shouldn't be serious with this guy because he's hurt me in the past.

So my question is, do you think he likes me back? Or did he at one point and doesn't anymore? Or never did? Should I tell him that I have feelings for him?

I think he liked you enough to take what benefits you offered. He didn't like you as GF material as evidenced by the fact that while he flirted with you, he never asked you on a proper date or moved into a I want you to be my GF conversation. Moreover, he has a new GF now.

You need to let him go. He's the one that got away.

• Like 1