Dropped from his facebook, should I ask?

I have been friends with him several years, and before that we dated for a short time. We did lose touch for a few of them years until he got a divorce. We reconnected on FB 2-3 years ago. We also texted here and there ever since.

We crossed that line a few weeks ago, and spontaneously ended up sleeping together. Only 2 days later, he wasn't on FB anymore. I didn't think much about it because he had to "disappear" another time due to probs with his Ex wife. And they have been having more issues, so I assumed he did it again because of this.

We had our issues with the friends/sex thing. It almost ruined our friendship. But we talked it out and everything is fine now. He even knows I have feelings for him and he is very cool about it. So our friendship is good again.

But as time went on, I came to realize he didn't disappear from FB, he blocked me. I haven't done anything to warrant this. He was the one who initiated the sex. I am still blocked. I have just been pretending I don't notice. Should I keep doing that, or do I ask? We are getting along fine and I really don't want any arguments, nor do I want to seem overly hurt, even though I am hurt about it to an extent. FB doesn't define our friendship and it's a silly thing to be mad about. But I don't understand why be did it.

• Author

Am I over reacting if this bothers me? Through this whole sex thing we haven't even argued, we have been quite understanding and kind to eachother. I don't want to ruin that so do I just suck this up and not ask him?

I'd say suck it up. Do you know for sure he blocked you? I'm starting to believe FB has some glitches that drops people from friends lists. My husband and I both just got notice of 'someone you may know' who had been a friend of both of us. Now he isn't. It's not the first time it's happened.

Otherwise, I'd say he's posting things he doesn't want you to see, afraid it will hurt your feelings. He could also be worried about you 'professing your feelings' for him on his wall. Who knows? If all is well otherwise with your friendship, let it go. Are you going to continue sleeping with him?

• Author

It definitely appears to be a block. He is still friends with our mutual friends, but if I search his name it doesn't even pop up.

He isn't one to post personal things usually so I doubt there is anything hurtful there. But it could be what you said about writing his wall, although I would never do that. I guess since I don't know the real deal that I shouldn't judge him or make any assumptions. But I do know he has been very kind and making effort to look out for my feelings as far as the friendship goes.

I would like to keep seeing him, and I did tell him that I can't be just platonic anymore. I just confessed that last night and he didn't have an opinion either way so I'm just going to give him time to decide what he wants to do about it. Either way I think we are friends for life actually, it is just not an option for me right now.

Well, since you just 'confessed' last night, it could be that he's one of those people who likes to keep his personal life and his 'Facebook life' separate. I know a lot of people recommend not being FB friends with those you are intimate with.

I'd give it some time, see what happens. Good luck!

• Author

Well that makes sense, i hope you are right. And I guess I have nothing to worry about if he still talks to me as well. If not for that I would take it as a huge form of rejection.

• Author
How about you don't worry about what's happening on FB and concentrate on the real world?[/quote

what's happening isn't what I was worried about. I was worried about what reasons he may have had for doing it when it's right after we have sleep together. But since we are still friends, I'm not losing much sleep over it. It isn't like I'm upset if I can't check up on him or see what he's up to all the time. It was the act itself, because "de-friending" someone can mean alot, or it can mean nothing...I care about what my friends think of me, plain and simple.

theothersully

I got blocked by my Miami hookup. I think maybe mine had a lot of new friends her age (22) , while I'm almost 40 and this may have caused issues.

I still text with her every few days and will see her while I'm in FL this week. So...while it's kind of weird to be blocked, I'm just going to joke about it with her. "So, you want me to be your dirty little secret, huh? I can be pretty dirty...." etc... ;)

Don't worry too much about it. 99% of someone's "friends" on Facebook don't even have their number to text. You are a level above a Facebook friend.

• Author
I got blocked by my Miami hookup. I think maybe mine had a lot of new friends her age (22) , while I'm almost 40 and this may have caused issues.

I still text with her every few days and will see her while I'm in FL this week. So...while it's kind of weird to be blocked, I'm just going to joke about it with her. "So, you want me to be your dirty little secret, huh? I can be pretty dirty...." etc... ;)

Don't worry too much about it. 99% of someone's "friends" on Facebook don't even have their number to text. You are a level above a Facebook friend.

Good way to look at it.

I thought about joking with him too, something like so my life didn't entertain you enough?...haha...But, I'm thinking it's better to pretend I don't notice or care...but you would think he might wonder why I said anything by now? Eventually anyone would notice if a good friend did this to you. So maybe I should care? He knows I care about him though, so I don"t think I have to do anything to prove it..I told him so he knows :)

But I kinda like your dirty little secret thing, maybe I should try it...haha