Getting seriously mixed signals

I'm trying to determine if a female friend from work is interested in me. I know I'm going to look like a dope, but so be it. The signals are crazily mixed, so I need opinions.

I'm a married guy in my 50s and have a female friend who is the same. Married and just turned 50 last year. We used to work together and always went out to lunch and talked, but nothing happened. I left the company and we lost touch.

After about 5 years we reconnected and she started with the signals. The biggest was an email saying "you've captured my heart". Then we go out to lunch and nothing, just chat like friends.

I decided to test it and started heavy flirting over email. I told her that she must know how I feel about her, I think about her all the time, I really like being with her, etc. she responds the same, then throws in "I'm glad you're my friend". Once she said another woman at work made a comment about her and me and she said she told her that she is married, a Christian and that I'm her old friend.

So I asked her to take a day off and come with me and we could spend the whole day together instead of lunch. She says yes. I call her and she is all excited and says she can't wait. I'm dropped some very intimate hints (I'd love to spend some personal time with you, just the two of us) and she always responds positively. I never get any "hey, you're getting the wrong idea".

No judging please, I want to start something physical with her and I have feelings for her. Do you think she wants to but she's torn and therefore the mixed signals or what?

You are married. Do you seriously expect people here to recommend that you enter into an extra-marital affair? Get a grip on yourself man. If you want a new relationship then seek a divorce BEFORE starting it.

• Like 1

You are sending mixed signals. Married = unavailable. Saying I want to be intimate with you is not the hallmark of a married man, at least not one with any character.

You want to clear up your own message first. Divorce your wife. Then you can go try to wreck her marriage.

• Author
You are married. Do you seriously expect people here to recommend that you enter into an extra-marital affair? Get a grip on yourself man. If you want a new relationship then seek a divorce BEFORE starting it.

It is the cheating forum. Is there a "How to bed your married friend" forum that I missed?

You are sending mixed signals. Married = unavailable. Saying I want to be intimate with you is not the hallmark of a married man, at least not one with any character.

You want to clear up your own message first. Divorce your wife. Then you can go try to wreck her marriage.

How delightfully naive. Yes of course it only takes ONE person to wreck a marriage. :eek:

So if your wife has wrecked your marriage why don't you divorce her? Why on earth would you think cheating is a better option? You're just making a bad situation, a whole lot worse.

It is the cheating forum. Is there a "How to bed your married friend" forum that I missed?

How delightfully naive. Yes of course it only takes ONE person to wreck a marriage. :eek:

So, why are you intending to make it that much worse? If your marriage is so broken, end it. You're in your 50s; make an adult choice.

So, why are you intending to make it that much worse? If your marriage is so broken, end it. You're in your 50s; make an adult choice.

Also, how delightfully naive to believe that a cheating forum is intended to give advice on how to cheat....

• Like 1