Hymen Lining

Curious Bee

My boyfriend of 1 year and I are ready to have intercourse. I am a virgin, and he knows I am. I am wondering what this hymen lining is all about. Could it have been already broken from other things? how can you tell if it has beeen broken? My boyfriend passes out at the sight of blood so I was hoping it could be broken before we have intercourse. I have visions of our first time and here his is passed out. LOL.

Thanks gang in advance!

If you want to be sure the hymen is handled to your liking, go to your gynecologist. The doctor will first ascertain if it is still intact and, if so, can perform a very minor procedure that will ensure your first sexual experience is blood free...and may even recommend lubricants to help in other ways.

Tell your boyfriend you're seeing a doctor to have this done and to get total reassurance so he will have no anxiety about this much anticipated event.

If you want to be sure the hymen is handled to your liking, go to your gynecologist. The doctor will first ascertain if it is still intact and, if so, can perform a very minor procedure that will ensure your first sexual experience is blood free...and may even recommend lubricants to help in other ways. Tell your boyfriend you're seeing a doctor to have this done and to get total reassurance so he will have no anxiety about this much anticipated event. Wow it is that big of a deal that you have to go to the doctor? Now this scares me. Does it hurt? I have used a vibrator in the past wouldn't that have broken it?

Don't blow this out of proportion. You seemed to want absolute assurance and I told you how you could get it. You indicated your boyfriend may not enjoy any surprises and a doctor can make sure there are none.

If you use a vibrator, chances are very good that the matter is taken care of.

If you are 21 or older, and certainly when you become sexually active, you ought to go to your gynecologist at least once a year for a routine exam and pap smear.

No need to get uptight about this. It's happened billions of times down through the ages.

Going to the doctor yearly is an important and RESPONSIBLE part of being an adult female.

Also, when you go, you learn a lot about your body each time(which sounds like you could use).

Also, onto more important subjects like, safe sex..... what method of protection and birth control are you planning on using. Pregnancy happens all the time, to women who thought it wouldn't be that easy to get pregnant.

also STD's.

One other thing.... your first few times of having sex may not be that enjoyable. So, dont' blow things out of proportion thinking it will be like "the stars and the moon, etc", from the get go.

He may be nervous and ejaculate right away.... you may or may not have an orgasm.... Anyway, sex can be a wonderful experience... but it takes time to really understand your own body and learn how it works. Also, often you have to "Teach" your partner, how to please you.

But.... all that said, make an appointment with a gyneacologist right away. You will find it important to feel comfortable. So if you dont' think a Male gyn. will do, make an appointment with a female one.

I know when I was in college, that planned parenthood was cheap and inexpensive. The nurses there were sooooo nice, loving and understood that I was young and nervous. Also, you will only have females there. They sell all types of birth control there too. So.....

Think about this... and good luck..

Going to the doctor yearly is an important and RESPONSIBLE part of being an adult female.

Also, when you go, you learn a lot about your body each time(which sounds like you could use). Also, onto more important subjects like, safe sex..... what method of protection and birth control are you planning on using. Pregnancy happens all the time, to women who thought it wouldn't be that easy to get pregnant. also STD's.

One other thing.... your first few times of having sex may not be that enjoyable. So, dont' blow things out of proportion thinking it will be like "the stars and the moon, etc", from the get go. He may be nervous and ejaculate right away.... you may or may not have an orgasm.... Anyway, sex can be a wonderful experience... but it takes time to really understand your own body and learn how it works. Also, often you have to "Teach" your partner, how to please you. But.... all that said, make an appointment with a gyneacologist right away. You will find it important to feel comfortable. So if you dont' think a Male gyn. will do, make an appointment with a female one. I know when I was in college, that planned parenthood was cheap and inexpensive. The nurses there were sooooo nice, loving and understood that I was young and nervous. Also, you will only have females there. They sell all types of birth control there too. So..... Think about this... and good luck..

Ahh thanks for your imformation but I dont think I need a lecture on safe sex and going to the doctors I never said I didnt go for a yearly check up. I have just never had sex before. So I had some question's about that. Did you actually read my first post? because you really didn't respond to the question I wanted answers about.

Ahh thanks for your imformation but I dont think I need a lecture on safe sex and going to the doctors I never said I didnt go for a yearly check up. I have just never had sex before. So I had some question's about that. Did you actually read my first post? because you really didn't respond to the question I wanted answers about.

I forgot to mention, just because I haven't had sex before doesn't mean I am young.