Is he interested? How do I let him know I am?

Firstly I must say I have an open (gay) marriage.

But recently I have been in contact with an old teacher of mine. We have been sending messages back and forth via Facebook. He always immediately responds to me and is personable and funny. We have set up to meet at the end of this coming month (he wanted to meet sooner) for him to share one of his hobbies (it’s an outdoors activity). Without prompting he told me that he and his wife are separating, and it wasn’t a big deal. I gave him my number telling him that if he needed someone to simply listen I was available. He did not call, but we have continued our correspondence pleasantly. Since we already are meeting at the end of the month I don’t want to seem overeager. He is twenty something odd years my senior and he doesn’t know my marriage is open. How do I let him know I am interested in a “friends with benefits” situation? How do I know if he is interested in me in a sexual way ? Ho do I make it clear I want to get yo know each other as just friends and have no commitment mind blowing sex?

I would just casually let him know you are poly, if he is cool with that and wants to go forward, then it will be smooth and easy, if not, then it's just a fantasy, and that's okay too! Good luck!