Guy Trouble

So of course, there's this guy and when we first met, it was great. He was perfect, he always texted me right back and answered when I called. He even took me out on dates. He was attentive, talkative, enthusiastic, and he seemed to always be the one to bring up "our future plans". He constantly reminded me that he really liked me and We continued going out but we hadn't spent time "alone" yet. He lives with his brother and I just recently moved into my own apartment. I am in college and he's about to graduate and become a master barber. When finally got to spend time at my place, he came at about 11 at night which was fine because I wanted him to sleep there. We didn't have sex until the third night. Then it all changed. He started texting me back hours later or the next day, he blames his job. I hate bothering people so I'll stop texting him for days at a time. I've talk to him about it several times and he just says he's a barber and he's always using his hands so he can't be around his phone. I don't particularly care for that excuse because that's the stupidest bull**** I've heard in my life. If you like someone, you make time right? He says he doesn't want me to stop talking to him, but he does the same thing. If I don't text or call him now we don't talk. I recently told him that I was tired of this behavior and to not call me anymore. But I'm starting to think I acted very irrationally. We haven't talked in 5 days but it may be because I said what I said. Does it mean he doesn't care or is he not contacting me because of my comments? Should I give up or apologize?