Does he like me? :)

Greetings all,

I am divorced 1.5 years now; I am approaching my 37th birthday in a couple of months. I accidentally reunited with a guy I knew briefly 15 years ago. It wasn't that brief, though, we spent hours chatting on IRC, we are both from a middle eastern country, and we were studying in USA.

I met him briefly on the plane once, and he sent me also a gift ...a literature book (wonderful) by mail, those days.

Anyways, I found him by accident on twitter (a very strange story), and he is on my instagram and likes all my pictures now, and we started chatting on twitter. Last night he asked me about my many travels and said he would like to tag along with me someday. I asked him if he wants anything I could buy him from my trip, and he said he doesn't need anything, but he doesn't mind if I get him something :)

I thought that was sweet. He has lovely blue eyes. He is an engineer and well to do, and into movies a lot. His character is pretty much the same. I feel very safe with people whose history I know something about.

Quesiton is: do you think he likes me?

I just came out from divorce and some later heart ache over a love that is difficult to come to a conclusion; so I am trying to get clues if guys really like me. I would like to proceed a bit faster this time, because I am 37 and want a child. I know, not the best motive, but it is one of my motives not to shrivel up in my parents' house with my daughter for ever (I hate living with them).

I am educated and have a great position. If a guy is right for me, I am going to take the dive again, though it is still scary. I am quite independent and published a book, and I have a good paying career, and 4 academic degrees. I think by now I could really choose well.

Additional Details

My daughter is 6, she is doing great, and she sees her dad every weekend.

You sound like a woman of the world - ask him.

What do you have to lose?

• Author

TaraMaiden, I thought we should at least meet. It has been a while.

I am just thinking ahead, if he is giving clues. It's hard for me to ask him before meeting him.