What does it mean when a man does this?

My boyfriend and I have a disagreement that could ruin our relationship; he is quite busy and our relationship is long distance. I have not seen him properly for 5 months, so finally we meet, and I was waiting for him outside my hotel room (I try to visit him as often as I can). He kisses my cheeks. We go into the room and he gives me a very very long hug, then a heartfelt long kiss on the lips. He then puts me down on the bed and looks over my face; he talked about the issue, which is rather hurtful (not that he hurt me, just a situation we are going through). I almost buried my face in his arms and he asked me to smile and not cry. He then flirted a bit jumped over me, touched my breasts, kissed my neck.

We then got up and he smiled and picked me up! I weigh 80 kilos, what a strong man!

How do you think he feels about me? We have been sexually active for a year, but I don't see him all the time.

He could not stay longer, he had an appointment.

It's rather peculiar to me. What was the argument about? It could shed more light on the situation at hand.

So, YOU come to visit him as much as you can? Does he come to you sometimes? So you visited just for that one time? Will he return?

If you have not seen your LDR BF for 5 months but he meets you in a hotel room then leaves for an appointment something's off. Why couldn't he reschedule?

The kissing & throwing you on the bed don't mean much in isolation, although I agree your guy is strong.

confusedsoul14

Didn't you post earlier about this guy that you knew from 15 years back? You are talking about the same guy here right? Well, you guys are sexually active already? Didn't see that coming! Anyways, nothing is certain until you guys discuss the matter seriously. You really need to find out if he is willing to have a serious long term relationship with you.

Really, he is not a boyfriend if you don't see him for 5 months and then he talks about problems in the relationship, gropes you, and then says he can't stay because he has an appointment (something else is more important). Honestly, this is not a relationship and you are wasting yourself on this guy. You deserve so much better!

• Like 1
  • Author

TaraMaiden:

Forgive me I was trying to analyze his behavior in isolation of context. I am pretty inexperienced with guys, and have no idea what all this means. This is the same man who got back to his wife for the sake of the kids (yup, that post). He needed to leave to take his kids out on new year's eve. He is always busy because he is broke and has to work on his business almost 18 hours/day. I haven't seen him for 5 months because he was insanely busy with his start up company. Although I visited him in his exhibition as often as I can during those five months. It's funny how when you start writing details down...you reach no conclusion :), because it is one year out of two people's lives. It is so hard to say it like it is.

It is really driving me insane. He has been loyal and supportive for a year, and then decided to shift gears back to his family. He is a poet, so he has these "grand" terms such as we have a human-human relationship with each other, not necessarily lover-lover. No idea what that means, because we were sexual (his initiation) from day one.

Confused, and TaraMaiden:

The guy I found on twitter is just someone that has come into my life now in the aftermath of this breakup, so to speak. I know I must move on, but I am still lingering with my love of 1 year. I was pretty much down last night, but I woke up with a more fresh feeling. As I said before I live in a barren place socially and emotionally (retarded Arabian Gulf country), where only guys want to be good friends. Even family and female friends are either too conservative to speak of relationships or really don't care. It's pretty ugly.

Forgive me for the confusion.

Edited by espinoza0
  • Author

donnivain: it was new year's eve and he wanted to take his kids out. The next day they all fell ill (asthma) and I had to leave.

Sad, but true. Oh well :)

• Author

soccer: he is broke and has asthmatic children, so he can't pay for ticket, although the distance is near, and he cannot leave his children unless he has to.

That sort of situation.

We also both live in conservative countries. For example, I am a single female and I cannot check into my own hotel room if I need some peace and quiet for a night or two.

Neither are single guys allowed to check into hotel rooms in my country.

Only families.

I am sorry, espinoza, as it sounds a very difficult and demoralising situation for you. I hope you get some resolution and care soon. We all need to feel special to someone.

When we feel we have few options, it can seem better to hang on to what options there are, even if they are pretty awful and unsatisfactory. I do wonder whether, mentally, we are then cutting off other options that might arise, simply because our focus is on the unsatisfactory relationship rather than feeling free and oriented outward. Just a thought.

To be honest he sounds like a MM who was having fun in the affair, is now reconnecting with his wife and family and has put you on the back burner. I think if you are inexperienced with men you should try dating single men who can show you what it's like to have a boyfriend. This man cannot.