THANKS to the LS'ers who gave me advice!

I had a long talk with my friend about what our relationship is - are we friends with benefits or are we something more. Well it turns out we are something more. I just wanted to share because as some people know through my posts I was struggling with what we have become. When he and I started out doing what we were doing it did just start off as fwb but over the last two years things have changed and grown and feelings have developed but we never talked about what we are and what this is... SO this weekend we had a big long talk and we both told each other that we have feelings for each other and that we love each other but we still arent "together" in a couple sense - which is perfect for both of us. Neither of us is going to hook up with anyone else so basically I just wanted to check in and thank everyone that posted to me and I finally just put it all on the table and it was all good.

LucreziaBorgia
Originally posted by RoxStar

which is perfect for both of us

Glad to hear it worked out well for you both. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by RoxStar

I had a long talk with my friend about what our relationship is - are we friends with benefits or are we something more. Well it turns out we are something more. I just wanted to share because as some people know through my posts I was struggling with what we have become. When he and I started out doing what we were doing it did just start off as fwb but over the last two years things have changed and grown and feelings have developed but we never talked about what we are and what this is... SO this weekend we had a big long talk and we both told each other that we have feelings for each other and that we love each other but we still arent "together" in a couple sense - which is perfect for both of us. Neither of us is going to hook up with anyone else so basically I just wanted to check in and thank everyone that posted to me and I finally just put it all on the table and it was all good.

I am in a "friends with benefits" situation for the past year and after reading your post I noticed you said "over the last two years" If you dont mind me asking how did you go two years without having that talk or wanting to.... Did either one of you go out with other people in the course of that 2 years or was it pretty much both of you benig single but neither of you took advantage of truly being "single." Id like to think my situation will turn out like yours but its pretty complicated....

• Author

All FWB situations are complicated. Along the way we had discussions about small things. We did agree in the very beginning that we were FWB but we both grew stronger feelings. The last 6 months though we grew a lot closer. There were talks along the way and fights and stuff. When I found the LS boards I realized that I didnt know what my situation was. I wasnt sure if this was FWB or if we were lovers or what we were. I just started thinking about it all and decided to ask him what he thought and we talked about stuff for hours one night and it turned out that we love each other and that this is a relationship that works for both of us. We are very untraditional people and this is an unconventional relationship and we decided that if its not broke - dont fix it. Surf through some of my old posts and you can see I was really obsessing over stuff. Hope that helps. :)