Relax and just let things happen

Short story.

I recently reunited with a guy I went to HS with. Hes know 24 and im 27. He just got accepted into the police/dnr academy. He told me that he wasnt looking for anything since he was leaving. We texted a lot getting to know one another. Then we met to watch a movie at his place. It was fun and comfortable. A lot of picking on each other. The night ended with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. After a few days I texted him. He would respond but sometimes not and I got a little crazy.

I really like this man. He is someone that I could see myself with and actually be happy.

But this whole getting to know someone,dating, etc is hard for me. I dated a guy for six years so its hard to get back out in the single world. Plus hes going away and needs to focus on his goal. All i can do is be a friend for now.

Before he left I apologized to him for acting a little crazy and its something I need to work on. he stated its fine. He stated I need to relax and just let things happen. I know what this means but by him saying this does this me he likes me and wants to just let things happen too and see where they go?

Edited by volley

I believe he's being sincere with wanting to let things evolve naturally. This man has his priorities straight. Wanting to pursue his career before settling into something. :D By him wanting to let things flow naturally he's not giving you a definite no, be happy with that, but don't push him if things aren't going as fast as you want them to. The newness of spending time with someone has us women all giddy in the beginning. We love the attention, and affection that we haven't gotten in so long. It's almost euphoric at times. This can be a bad thing too...It leads us to want more of their time, more of their affection, even faster, and when things go too fast, it scares most men off. Men are natural chasers....they love the thrill of the chase. When we chase to often, we send out a needy and insecure vibe that will for sure push him away. Keep contact with him while he's pursuing his career, but don't pressure him while he's doing so. Going a little crazy is a no-no! You can't hold high expectations on what, when, where, and how with him because he's already been honest and up front with what he wants for now. You're right about being a friend, he'll probably need to vent on some of those rough training days.

Just don't let his not calling or texting you back make you jump to conclusions. However, I do agree that if you text someone they should at least text back to acknowledge something as long as you aren't sending back to back texts on why he's not answering you. That's almost stalker like lol.

Honor his wishes, but don't wait on him if you two aren't serious. Go out and have fun. Meet new people, but do keep in contact with him. He will be out of the academy before you know it. Seems like a great guy!

Good Luck

• Like 1